All I can say is YUM! This was the first time I made these and it won’t be the last because they were amazing, my house smelled wonderful, and they are gorgeous!!
I looked at several recipes and decided to try my own version. Most recipes called for ingredients that I didn’t have. I live far from a store so I used what I had on hand and I am happy with the results.
1/2 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
2/3 cup apple juice
1 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a baking dish and stir.
- Once they cool a little, remove the from the baking dish and pour the liquid into a pot.
- Add 2 tsp of corn starch so the mixture will get thicker.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool. It will get thicker as it cools.
- Spoon syrup over warm pears right before you serve them. Take it to the next level with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!