I know I have told you many, many times that Fall is my favorite season. Well it is but, when I say winter is my favorite, don’t be surprised! I love snow in the winter and fall because of the beautiful colors. I love the way the Fall leaves kind of glow. It is breathtaking.
Supplies for Fall Leaves and Acorn Cookies:
I used 20 second icing for each of the following colors:
- Wilton No-Taste Red with a touch of Ivory
- AmeriColors Sky Blue
- AmeriColor Avacado
- AmeriColor Brown
- AmeriColor Lemon Yellow (I mixed the orange first and used that bowl to make the Lemon Yellow. It gave it a nice fall look)
- AmeriColor Orange with a touch of Ivory
- Wilton Juniper Green
As I was blowing the leaves off my patio, I noticed a leaf that had separated sections and thought of how we make pumpkin cookies. I decided to make leaves and do them the same way. I mean, if it is good enough for nature, it is good enough for me.
- Outline your leave with the color you want. Then, make the sections and flood every other section. Let it dry for 20 minutes. Then, flood the other sections.
- With the brown icing, make the stem.
- They look good like this but, I wanted to airbrush the veins.
- For instructions on how to airbrush, click here. With the brown airbrush color, I used the gun on low, then held the gun close and pulled the trigger very slightly to add a small detail where the sections meet.
- Outline with the color you want.
- Then, flood and let dry.
- If you don’t want to airbrush it, the add the cap with the brown icing.
- If you want to airbrush the acorn, you can do it before you add the cap.
- Lightly airbrush the top and down the right side with green while holding the gun about an inch or two from the cookie.
- Then, hit the other side with brown. For the brown, I held the airbrush gun about 6 or 7 inches from the cookie and gave it a very light spray. Be careful not to over do it or you will have a brown acorn instead of a shaded acorn.
- Then, add the brown cap and airbrush the edges with brown.
I have some friends who don’t make cookies and live where the fall colors don’t shine. So this year, I am sending them a box of fall in these cute macaron boxes from the BRPboxxhop Company. These boxes are my new favorite toy! They are perfect for shipping cookie and I love the little window. I know it will make my fall-less friends happy!
Happy Fall Ya’ll!!