Christmas Royal Icing Transfers

Have you ever seen a cookies that made you fall head over heels for it? Well, I might be weird and the only one that went crazy for a cookie and that’s OK. When Sweet Sugar Belle posted these cookies I knew I wanted to make them someday. I thought about them for weeks. I have yet to make them but, I did make Christmas royal icing transfers so we can make them together.

Sweet-Sugar-Belle  It's Not Cheating Decorating Store Bought Cookies sweetsugarbelle.comI adore these cookies so I called Sweet Sugar Belle and asked her if I could use here photo to demonstrate what you can do with these snowman and tree transfers. Callye is one of the best and the most creative cookiers I have ever seen and these cookies prove it. If you follow the link above, you will see a page full of store bought cookies that she decorated with royal icing. Seriously genius and perfect for last minute Christmas gifts.

Supplies for Christmas Royal Icing Transfers and Templates:

White Icing
Green icing
Orange and Black nonpareils
Chocolate Jimmies
Snowman- Christmas Royal Icing Template
Tree- Christmas Royal Icing Template

For more information on how to make royal icing transfers, click here.

Christmas Royal Icing Transfers with thebearfootbaker.comAs you can see my snowmen are different then Callye’s. I did that on purpose! I want you to decorate them the way you want. Add a scarf, hat or ear muffs or leave him bald. It is like building a snowman outside, make it any way you want.

• To make the body, pipe a circle for the head and add 2 black nonpareils for the eyes and an orange one for the nose with food safe tweesers. Let it dry for a few minutes.
  • Next pipe the body and add 2 chocolate jimmies for the arms and add 2 more black nonpareils for the buttons. Let it dry for a few minutes.
  • Then, pipe the bottom. Let it dry overnight and then add a scarf or other decorations.
  • Let it dry completely.

Simple Christmas Royal Icing Transfers thebearfootbaker.com

• For the tress, outline and flood with the green icing. While the green icing is wet, add a chocolate jimmie for the tree trunk and let it dry completely.
  • Add colored stpinkles to look like lights or add white icing for snow when it is dry.
  • Let it dry completely.

Christmas Royal Icing Transfer via thebearfootbaker.comHere are my cute little snowmen waiting to be dressed and added to a cookie. I a so happy I am finally getting to make these adorable cookies Sweet Sugar Belle showed us a few years ago. I am even happier I got to make them with you! They will be perfect in gift baskets

For more cute snowman goodies, follow the links below:

Bear hugs,

Comments

Okay, consider me officially inspired! And while we’re at it how about a brigade of cupids and leprechauns ? Just planning ahead! :). Seriously I love it and will be doing some this week just because you said so.

These are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing the templates…you are so sweet to do all the work, then share it with everyone!
    Every year I do a “Christmas Cookie Decorating” party…I have done the little snow scene cookies in the past but the girls are going to love that they can just “plop” that little RIT right on top of the wet cookie!
    How in the world did you keep those jimmies from breaking when taking them off the paper?! Also, I was wondering what size nonpariels did you use…are these the teeny tiny ones?

Thanks again for sharing!

I am so glad you are going to use them! That makes me so happy. I hope you share lots of pictures!!

I use a bench scrapper to remove my transfers like I showed in the turkey nuggets post. I hardly ever have one break unless I try to remove one that isn’t completely dry.

Hi Patricia,

You can use parchment paper but, you might experience a lot more breakage than you would with wax paper. I suggest the wax paper for better results.

3. NikkiK says

Oooh, love those snowmen. I need to take advantage of more transfers because it will make my decorating so much faster. By the time I get home from work, I’m too tired to decorate cookies.
    Thanks Lisa

4. Connie Beal says

Love love ALL of your transfers! Do you have a Facebook page? I would to send you a picture of the most recent transfers I have done from your website.

Thanks to you, I love using royal icing and making royal icing decoration and I love these little cuties! I can’t wait to show you what I’ve made with royal icing!! (I hope I do you proud!)

What a great set of RI transfers! I’m planning out some holiday cookie tins, and these would be perfect toppers for some candy-coated Oreos. So perfect! Thanks for the great ideas!