The other day I shared a Snow Cream Recipe with you and received some emails and a few comments from people saying they never get snow? What? Say it ain’t so! You never get snow? I can’t imagine living in a place where it never snows!
Well, I kind of feel a little sorry for you because I didn’t offer you a recipe you could make. I don’t want you to miss out on the snow day fun so I made this Snowman Puppy Chow for you.
There are a few rules you must follow to eat this because I want you to feel like you are right here with me in this super cold weather we are experiencing.
- You can’t eat it unless you are cold. So set your air-conditioning down to at least 43 degrees.
- You must be shivering when you eat it.
- To get the full winter experience, you should cuddle in a blanket so you aren’t shivering so much you miss your mouth and drop your puppy chow on the floor. That would be sad.
Well, you can eat it any way you want as long as you add some royal icing transfers to it. They make it much more fun no matter how warm or cold you are.
Supplies for Snowman Puppy Chow Recipe:
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Snowman Royal Icing Transfers
Snowman Nose Royal Icing Transfers (Here is a larger pattern if you want to make cupcakes)
Edible Snowflake Candy
- The Snowman Puppy Chow idea came to me when I posted these snowman royal icing transfers. The snowmen cookies Sweet Sugar Belle made were so cute I had to make them into transfers and wanted to include them in one of my favorite snacks. Callye was nice and gave me permission to use her idea. She is sweet like that.
I also wanted to add a touch of color so I made some carrot noses. I think it was just the punch of color it needed.
Now mix up some puppy chow and have a great night!
If you love Puppy Chow like I do, you should check out these recipes for some fun flavors and cute puppy chow themes.
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Chex Muddy Buddy’s by Betty Crocker
Red Velvet Puppy Chow by Your Cup of Cupcake
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow by Inside the BruCrew Life
Cupcake Puppy Chow Sally’s Baking Addiction