Hot Fudge Cake Made Simple
Look at it! Chocolate cake, ice cream, hot fudge, Cool Whip with a yummy cherry on top! Hot Fudge Cake is one of my family’s favorite desserts and it’s by far one of the easiest things to make. Grab a box of chocolate cake mix, hot fudge and some whipped topping and you’ll be ready for dessert in no time.
My hubby loves to eat at Shoney’s restaurant and he usually orders this dessert before we leave. Hot fudge cake is good and it’s so simple to make that we make it often especially when we know we’re going to have company. I hope you’re ready to see how simple it actually is to make.
Hot Fudge Cake Supplies:
(may contain affiliate links)
- Chocolate Cake Mix and all the ingredients the recipe requires to make it.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Hot Fudge
- Cool Whip
- Cherry for the top
If you’re looking for a good way to get your cakes to release from the pan you should try this Cake Release Recipe. It’s amazing and I use it in all my cake pans. Let me know what you think if you make it.
Hot Fudge Cake:
- Begin by baking the chocolate cake by following the directions on the back of the box. You can make a chocolate cake from scratch if you like, but making one from a mix works well for me because it’s quick and easy.
- After you remove the cake from the oven let it cool.
- Cut the cake in squares then slice it in half horizontally and add a scoop of ice cream.
- Then place the top slice on the ice cream.
- Heat the fudge in the microwave and add some to the top of the cake.
- Add a spoonful of whipped topping and a cherry on top and enjoy your delicious slice of cake.
Oh, my stars!!! Just look at how the hot fudge is melting the Cool Whip! I think I’m going to call it a day and enjoy a piece of yummy hot fudge cake now. I hope you all make one and enjoy it with your family soon! If you really want to have fun make this cake tonight and make some S’more cookies to enjoy by a campfire tomorrow night. Your family will love you even more than they already do!