How to make Fun Cookies for Santa-Video
I know what you’re thinking. You’re wondering why I am showing you how to make sugar cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies when I’m supposed to be making ‘Christmas in July cookies” right now. Well, you know when that well known man in the red suite comes to your house on that very special night each year? Aren’t you supposed to leave him some fun cookies? These fun cookies aren’t your normal chocolate chip cookies so Jolly Old Saint Nicholas will be impressed that you made something special. I bet he’ll remember your house as the house with the fun cookies and go back to the North Pole and tell the elves all about it. He may even take on back to Mrs. Clause and she may make these fun cookies for her friends next year. Do you want to learn how to make them? Let’s do this!
Supplies for How to make Fun Cookies for Santa:
As you ca see from the picture above these cookies don’t require a lot of special things. Just some tan and brown icing. If ya want, you can airbrush the edge with your airbrush gun and some Amerimist brown color to give the cookies a little depth.
- Outline the cookies with the tan icing.
- Flood the cookies with the tan icing.
- While the tan icing is wet, add a few brown dots so they will look like chocolate chips that are down in the cookie dough.
- Let it dry for about 30 minutes or so.
- Add a few more dots to look like chocolate chips. Try not to make the dots perfect because they need to look like they melted a bit while they were baking.
- Let them dry for about an hour or overnight if you prefer.
Now it is time to airbrush the edge with the brown airbrush food color. If you are afraid of your airbrush gun, you should make these cookies because you don’t have to be perfect to get a cute fun cookie.
Here is a video to show you how easy it is to make these fun cookies.
I bet now you’ll understand why I made these fun cookies as part of my ‘Christmas in July’ cookies. You an also make him some milk cookies if you think he is lactose intolerant. I know Santa will enjoy them!
More Fun Cookies for Santa: