16 Fall Cookies That Will Make You Amazingly Happy
Happy Fall Y’all! It’s my favorite time of year because nature is getting ready to show us the most colorful show of the year! Can’t you see it? Burnt oranges, dark beautiful reds and don’t forget about those bright yellow leaves that look like they can glow in the dark. The only thing better than the fall leaves is fall cookies and I’ve got a few to share with you today.
(may contain affiliate links)
The great thing about fall cookies is you don’t have to be an expert to make them. They’re colorful, simple and sure to make everyone smile. Most of my cookie tutorials have ‘how to videos’ you can watch along with written directions to help answer any of your questions. A few are just plain tutorials so if you need any help, let me know.
- I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve tried to grow sunflowers. I’ve failed every single time because nature always has a different plan, like squirrels eating my seeds. UGH! At least we can make these Easy Sunflower Cookies.
- Have you seen all the different flavors of candy corn lately? I think I’ll stick with the traditional flavor unless it’s Simple Candy Corn Cookies. What kind of candy corn do you like?
- It’s fall y’all! That means it’s time to make some scarecrows. Any kind of scarecrows will do and if you want to make cookies, here’s a How to Make Simple Scarecrow Cookies tutorial with a video.
- If you’ve been around the blog for long you probably know that I love me some royal icing transfers. If you’re looking for cute little pumpkins to decorate your cookies, you need to check out this Pumpkin Royal Icing Decorations with How to Video.
- Georganne at Lila Loa made some Top Down Pumpkin Cookies that were adorable. They were so cute I had to make a few of my own. They’re made with a flower cookie cutter and they’re oh so simple!
- Another great reason to love fall is because of all the gorgeous pumpkins! Simple Pumpkin Cookies are fall cookies that anyone can make and if you want to start airbrushing cookies, pumpkins are the perfect place to start. Following the icing separations with the airbrush color is a great way to learn how to apply the right amount of color to your cookies. Have some free time today? Airbrush a pumpkin for a fun set of fall cookies.
- How about a little fall dip? Not dip for your chips. I’m talking about a little dip for your cookies. Nothing like dipping a few Leaf Cookies into royal icing and watching the colors mimic the colors of those beautiful leaves were about to see.
- Did you know hedgehog cookies can be made by using a sunflower cookie cutter? Well, you can and I think they adorable.
- When you live in a log cabin it seems that you always need to find perfect pumpkins for decorating. The perfect fall cookies for a log cabin could be wooden pumpkin cookies. Okay, this is good once in a while, but I need some of those amazing fall colors to decorate the table. How about a mum or two?
- I love going to craft sales that are set up in the middle of a field with tents everywhere with a ton of goodies for me to explore. That’s where I found a cute little fabric pumpkin that inspired these Folk Art Pumpkin Cookies. Inspiration is everywhere my friends.
- Colors! Don’t you just love the fall colors? Look at these Cute Pumpkin Cookies. Which is your favorite color? I’m all about the blue these days. Wait. Is it the orange or was it the lavender? It’s all of them!
- Fall Leaves and Acorn Cookies need color just as much as leaves and pumpkins. Let’s decorate everything with a “fall leaves color palette.”
- These Decorated Pumpkin Cookies prove you can never go wrong with a stencil. Add a little sparkle to fall!
- Do you have worms? When you go apple shopping to get those beautiful apples for baking pies, watch out for the worms. If you want to make apple cookies, you can totally add worms and here’s an Apple with Worm Cookies tutorial for you.
- Remember when we were talking about candy corn earlier? What kind of candy corn are you? Some days I’m grumpy, some days I’m forgetful but most of the time I’m The Happiest Little Candy Corn Cookie.
Fall Cookies That Will Make You Happy
Happy Fall Y’all and happy baking!