How to Organize Your Cookie Stencils
Happy Organization Day! Okay, maybe it’s not Organization Day but it should be. I think one of the keys to doing a good job is being able to find the supplies you need at a moments notice. If you can’t find what you need, whats the point? If I’m looking for a bunny rabbit stencil and all I can find is Halloween stencils then I’m not going to be able to stencil a bunny. So what’s a girl to do? She needs to get her cookie stencils organized.
Today I’m going to show you a few things I’ve done to get all my stencils in a row so I can find them ALL! And I love it!
Supplies You Need To Organize Your Cookie Stencils:
(may contain affiliate links)
Check your cookie supply store because they may sell the albums and refills.
Grab your stencils and let’s get started!
- I love getting new things in the mail. Especially when it’s something that will help me organized my tools. The other day I ordered this Stencil Album from Artfully Designed Creations. It arrived really fast.
- Once you get it, open it and remove all the stickers.
- Now, look how pretty it is! It is going to help you find all of your stencils without digging through a box looking for the bunny rabbit. And guess what? You’ll find it because it’s exactly where its supposed to be.
- Do you want to know a little secret about me? I never do things in the right order. You would think when I decided to organize my stencils, I’d buy the Stencil Album first but I didn’t. I bought The Cookie Countess Pack of 5 Stencil Storage Pocket Pages first. I didn’t buy one pack, I bought the five pack.
- Then, I organized my stencils. I decided what themes, holidays, seasons and animals they needed to be divided into.
- Here’s where the fun part comes in. Grab your sandwich bags and organize them. The bags will keep them together so you’ll be ready once your album arrives.
Before we go too far let’s talk about the refill pages. There are a few ways to use them.
- The first way is to place one stencil in each pocket. Simple right. But how much space are you wasting if you do that?
- If you add a piece of cardstock in the pocket, you can then put a stencil on each side, therefore doubling your storage space. Let’s take a closer look.
- Check out the first image in the photo above. See how I had to use two pieces of cardstock in each pocket? Well, I didn’t have to do that but I like a solid color behind the stencils so I can see the pattern without having to stop and try to see what it is. The good part is when you order a stencil you get a piece of cardstock with it. You may need to trim it a little but it’s there. Trim it and stuff it in a pocket!
- Now each pocket can hold two stencils, therefore doubling your storage space. I love cookie stencils!
I’ve never been so organized!
- The last thing you need to do is decide where you want to place the “Stencil” vinyl decal that comes with the album. I haven’t decided yet so mine is still in the package it came in. Hopefully, I’ll decide where I’m going to put it. I’ll let you know when I do.
- Place the stencil pages in your binder and organize them by the themes you created. I like keeping the seasons and the holidays together. Of course, you have backgrounds, animals, border buddies just to mention a few. But the good news is now you’ll know where they are and you don’t have to search for them.
My stencils are now in order and I can find all of them including the cute little bunny I was looking for. How exciting is it when you can find all your supplies? It’s very exciting and I can’t wait to make some stenciled cookies!