Happy Earth Day Cookies You will Love
Happy Earth Day Cookies You will Love! I know, I know Earth Day was yesterday! I started working on these cookies yesterday morning and I told myself I would finish these cookies today! Well, it’s been a while since I’ve completed a blog post in one day. Guess what? I did it! I finished the cookies, took the pictures, downloaded them to the computer, edited all the pictures, and then, I needed to go to sleep. I went to sleep because I couldn’t stay awake. I woke up this morning and worked on the video and decided I’d share this with you even though I’m a day late. I think you’ll find some things that are good and helpful and if you do, let me know.
Since my surgery, I’m behind on blog comments, Facebook comments, and Instagram comments. I’m working on catching up and I appreciate all of you giving me the time to do so. Hopefully, I’ll catch up within the next week. Thanks for your love and support!
Now let’s make some Earth Day Cookies!
Supplies for Earth Day Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
3 ½” Circle Cookie Cutter: This is the size that was used to make these cookies. If you use a different size circle cookie cutter make sure it will work with the stencil you have.
Hello World Cookie Cutter from The Cookie Countess
The Cookie Countess Stencil Scraper – 3 pack
Fan-I learned from Sweet Sugarbelle to dry my cookies in front of a fan so they dry a little quicker and they’ll dry with a shine. Thanks, Callye!
Cookie Turntable Swivel for Cookies– This is my favorite way to outline a circle cookie. You can see how easy it is in the video.
Here is the Minimat that goes with the Cookie Turntable Swivel for Cookies.
Earth Day Cookies:
- Begin by baking some circle cookies. You can also make some royal icing. I made True Blue by using The Cookie Countess True Blue Gel color. I also made her Gourmet Green but I decided to airbrush the green on instead of using royal icing with the stencil. The airbrush was so simple and it’s fun to use. So to wrap this up, if you airbrush the cookies you’ll only need blue and white royal icing. If you don’t use the airbrush, you’ll need blue, green and white royal icing.
- You need to watch the video I made for y’all. I’ve found a new way to outline a circle cookie with royal icing. Basically, you place the circle cookie on the cookie turntable and secure your arm that holds the piping bag on the table. Then you turn the cookie turntable as you let the royal icing fall onto the edge of the cookie. Love this new trick! I get cookies that look great because this is the way I’m outlining them. You can watch the video to see how I do it!
- Now it’s time to flood the earth cookies. Again, there is a little tip in the video.
- Flood the earth until you fill the entire earth with that True Blue icing color.
- Keep going! You’re almost there!
- You can use a turkey lacer, Boo-Boo Stick, or a toothpick to pop any icing bubbles or to help make the icing smooth. Now place it in front of a fan so it will dry a little faster and it’ll have a nice shiny surface. If you don’t place it in front of a fan or in a dehydrator it will probably dry with a mat finish. Let the cookie dry completely. Or you can do like I did and take a chance on letting them dry for a few hours before you airbrush them. It worked for me so I know it can work for you. Just be careful and gentle.
- Place your World Stencil into a Stencil Genie or hold it in place with magnets. then airbrush the with The Cookie Countess Gourmet Green Airbrush Color. Place a drop or two into your airbrush and lightly spray the stencil with the land. Make it look like the earth.
- If you need to add more then one coat of airbrush color, take your time. Do it in two light layers instead of one thick layer. Trust me, it will look much better! One thick layer will cause the airbrush color to bead up or look rough. Two coats are much better and the cookie will look nice and clean.
- You’re done creating the world cookies. Now let the airbrush color dry.
- Outline the Hello World cookie with white royal icing. I bought this cutter and stencil from The Cookie Countess. The reason I bought it is because I hate writing on cookies. I can’t do it! UGH! I’ve never been able to do it. When I saw she had a cookie cutter that was made for the stencil I was really happy! I remembered I had a bought a World Stencil from Artfully Designed Creations. These cookies go perfect together! Do you see using this for anything but Earth Day? I see a set of birthday cookies with little airplanes for a birthday party. That’s one huge reason I wanted to share these with you even though I’m a day late for Earth Day Cookies. I think this cutter and the stencils could be used for many different sets of cookies. Do you have any ideas on what they set they could be used on? If you have an idea, leave a comment so we will know! 🙂
- Flood the cookie with white icing.
- Let it dry completely or let it dry enough so you can stencil on it.
- Place the stencil in the Stencil Genie over the cookie.
- Place the stencil over the cookie and on the Stencil Genie. You can use magnets if you don’t have a Stencil Genie but airbrushing your cookie works well when the stencil is held into place.
- Place the top on the bottom to secure your stencil. Decide what colors you want to be airbrushed blue and what you what to be airbrushed green. Add a drop of that color in your airbrush gun and gently spray the stencil. Once you finish, clear the color out of your gun and add the next color.
- To remove the Stencil Genie lift it straight up. When you look down, you should have a very beautiful cookie! Let it dry completely.
Happy Earth Day Cookies You Will Love Video:
Happy Earth Day!
Like I said before I’m late with the is tutorial. I think it’s okay because I think some of you will be interested in these stencils and the Hello World Cookie Cutter. I think Earth Day is great and I think all of you creative cookie decorators will make these stencils look amazing for other sets of cookie. Can you think of a way to use it for Father’s Day? If you will you share it below?
Happy late Earth Day everyone!
Don’t forget to join me on this amazing cookie journey! I have some super fun and new things coming up! Click here so you don’t miss it: Let’s Make Sugar Cookies! We’ll show you things that will make you create like a pro!