Need Something Fun and Happy to Make for Easter
Can you believe it’s almost Easter? I’m always excited to see the beautiful spring weather knowing that Easter will soon follow. This year, I’m a little sad that we won’t get together at church with our friends and family because of the coronavirus. There are several times in our lives that we can’t do the things that we’d like to do. This pandemic is showing us all the things we need to stop doing right now and unfortunately, spending time with friends and family is one of those things.
Good thing for us we have modern technology and share things on video, FaceTime, and Instagram. So if you’re looking for something to do you might find something fun and happy to make for Easter in this post. If not, I’ll share another post soon!
Need Something Fun and Happy to Make for Easter:
(may contain affiliate links)
- Who doesn’t like chocolate? You get to pour chocolate in an egg mold and then splatter them with food gel! This is one amazing egg to make for an Easter treat!
- I feel the need for some large coconut flakes, coconut cake, and some delish coconut buttercream frosting! I hope we can find some big coconut flakes online because this cake needs to be made!
- If we can’t find the large coconut flakes now, we should make this cake for July 4th with little rockets and firework in place of the eggs? Are you with me?
- This is another great project to make with the kids. All you need to do is color some dough with food gel colors, roll it out, and give the kids some cookie cutters and a baking sheet. Royal icing might not be involved, but the kids will love these little bunnies and eggs.
- I’m going, to be honest. This cake looks okay, but it wasn’t fun making it. Everything went wrong!
- I’ll make it again someday, I kind of like watching the video because it reminds me we can do anything even if we have to try, and try again! LOL
- Do you have a bunny head cookie cutter? If you do, you can trace it and make a cute Easter bunny cookie nose to share with everyone you know. Maybe not in April, but share a cute bunny nose cookie any time you’d like!
- Have you ever made cookies with a great outline and flood and then realize you don’t know how in the world to decorate them? What are you going to do? You need cookies, but you can’t think of anything to do!
- Try these cute Jelly Bean royal icing cookie decorations. All you need to do is outline and flood a cookie and drop a jelly bean into the wet icing. If you want more you can add a cute little border or draw a few more jelly beans with food-safe markers. The possibilities are endless!
- Last but not least. Don’t you think sheep are sweet and adorable? I love watching them because they’re quiet and can hop and run really, really fast.
- Can you tell what cookie cutters were used to make these cute little guys? I’ll give you a hint, this is a cute little song for the cutter that was used on his head, “Run, run as fast as you can, you’ll never catch me, I’m a ___________ man! Do you know?
- Click the link above to find out.
I hope you get a chance to bake some fun even though we are staying home to stay safe. Making a few Easter treats will definitely make you feel happy!