Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Homemade chocolate chip cookies made with semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips. Add brown butter and you'll remember these cookies forevner.
Servings 45 -50 two inch cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of expresso powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of dark chocolate chips
Begin by browning the butter and let it come to room temperature.
Sift the bread, all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
Place the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar in a bowl.
Add the vanilla, the expresso powder, and the brown butter and mix it. You need to mix it for several minutes until it forms a dough. It will take a few minutes but it's important that the brown butter is room temp when you mix it. If the brown butter is warm it will make the dough greasy and your cookies won't turn out.
Once the dough is mixed, add the eggs and mix well.
Add the flour and mix.
Now add the chocolate.
Scoop dough balls onto a baking sheet, cover them in plastic wrap, and place them in the freezer for at least an hour. I like to leave mine in he freezer overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-11 minutes.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.2g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 5.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 113mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 8.1g