Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe with Mix-Ins-Country Crock®
Country Crock® Make It Yours™ with Mix-Ins is perfect for holiday baking. Add 1 to 2 cups of your favorite "Mix-Ins" for custom cookie flavors! Cereal, candy, pretzels, marshmallows, chocolate chips...anything you can imagine. This recipe is brilliant!
Servings 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup of malted milk balls cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- slivered almonds
- Caramel Topping
- 1 cup of caramel candies with 4 teaspoons of heavy cream in a microwave.
- Place them in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 10 second increments until caramel is melted.
- Stir often.
- Chocolate Topping
- For the chocolate topping you will need 1 cup of chocolate chips and 4 teaspoons of shortening.
- Place them in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 10 seconds increments until chocolate is melted
- Stir it often.
Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® Spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
Add mix-ins (such as chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, dried fruit, etc.) into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins. I used 1 cup of malted milk balls and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. While the cookies are hot out of the oven, use a wooden skewer to polk four holes into the end of each cookie. The is where you will add the slivered almond for the bear claws. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
When the cookies cool, top with the melted caramel to the top of each cookie. Then add the melted chocolate to the top of the caramel. Immediately add the slivered almond to the holes you made with the skewer.