Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars Recipe
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars have been in my family for years. My mom was making them when I was a little girl and she still makes them today. The great thing about the ooey gooey butter cake is it’s delicious and simple. You’re gonna love adding these to your list of favorite things.
(may contain affiliate links)
A box of yellow cake mix
1 stick (4 ounces) of unsalted butter at softened
8 ounces of cream cheese
One pound of confectioner’s sugar
1 large egg
9×9″ baking dish
- Place the butter, yellow cake mix and egg in a bowl.
- Mix until it forms a dough.
- Line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper. I like to use two pieces so the ooey gooey butter cake will lift out once it cools.
- Press the dough in the pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and eggs until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto the dough and bake it at 325° for 35-45 minutes.
- You want the edges a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Cut it into twelve squares and enjoy!
Supplies for Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars:
Tell me you don’t want a piece of this delicious butter cake. It’s as delicious as it looks and it’s easy to make without a huge mess. I think that’s why I added it to my list of favorite things. Simple and delish, what more can a girl want?
I hope this cake makes your family as happy as it makes mine. Once they see it, it will be gone in a matter of minutes. I hope they’re ready to eat one this Christmas. I’m in a baking mood and don’t think it’s going to go away anytime soon.