Welcome to The Bearfoot Baker Blog! It’s nice to meet you.
You’ve probably heard rumors that I chase bears into the woods and well, it’s true. If they come too close to my house, I grab a spoon and pot and make a lot of noise until I scare them away. I’m very thankful they haven’t figured out they can eat me as a midday snack. Let’s hope they never do!
I’m glad you’re here and hope you find something to inspire you. I love teaching others to view the world a little differently because no matter where you look, you can find something to inspire you. Take Christmas for example, I get more excited looking at the wrapping paper than I do finding the perfect gift. I know it’s weird but my husband and kids love me anyway.
True or False – Want to play?
- I chase bears into the woods by making noise with a pot and a spoon.
- I started making cookies because I saw Dani Fiori and Martha Stewart make these Santa Cookies. Once I saw those cute little decorating bottles, I knew I had to make cookies. But now I don’t use the bottles. I prefer piping bags. Go figure!
- I knocked down a wall while my husband was at work because I wanted to “open up the mud room.”
- I live and work at Camp Ba Yo Ca which is a summer camp for kids and a retreat center in the spring, fall, and winter.
- I like to mow.
- My friend calls me Lilly Munster because I fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow.
- When I was a teenager, I only ate ham and cheese sandwiches (not sure why other than they were really good).
- I like to do the dishes.
- I hate laundry.
- I wanted to be a police officer when I was growing up.
- I also wanted to be a National Geographic Photographer.
- I like peas.
- I’m a DIY yard sale, antique store kinda girl.
- I want to live in a cabin for the rest of my life.
- Skydiving and bungee jumping are on my bucket list.
- I have migraine headaches so I sleep on a Sobakawa Buck Pillow that seems hard as a rock but stops my head from hurting.
- My husband doesn’t like sugar cookies, so he has never tried mine.
- If I wore a monogram shirt my initials would be LSD.
- I like to waterski and wakeboard. I sometimes do tricks on them and I don’t know how I do it.
- I have more woodworking tools than most men.
- I have been collecting recipes for almost 30 years and 99.9% of them are dessert recipes.
- I love Pinterest and Instagram.
- Facebook keeps changing things and I’m too old to keep learning what I’m supposed to do.
- Cereal for dinner is a must at least once a week.
- Eggs are incredible, but they’re much better in cookies and cakes.
- I have so many cookie cutters that I can’t count them all. I haven’t even used half of them.
- I need to get rid of half of my cookie cutters because I’ve never used them.
- Buttercream, Italian Meringue, Swiss Meringue, Cream Cheese, Chocolate, Coconut are some of my favorite frostings.
- I love snow.
- I’m more afraid of mice than snakes.
So what’s true and what’s false?
Here’s a little hint, I don’t like peas but the rest is true.
If you’re ready to make cookies, cakes, and sweet treats for your friends and family, you’re in the right place! I’ll share my favorite tips and tricks with you, and you’ll be the boss of your kitchen in no time. What are you waiting for? Don’t wait…let’s create!
PS-Don’t forget the pot and spoon in case we have an unwanted visitor!