Add a Little Drama to Your Cookies!
Let me start by saying, “I hate drama!” If you have friends that cause you drama, I suggest you get new friends! See…
PS-this was a GREAT day for me! They eventually let me go!
Meet some of my friends,
1. Pam aka Cookie Crazy aka “The Slasher” with the knife! Yikes!!
2. Bea aka CancunCOOKIES aka “The Beater” with big whisk! I am a little worried because she has my shoulder!! OH NO!
3. Maryann aka Cookieartisian aka “The Masher!” She will mash more than potatoes!
4. Tracy aka Tracy LH aka “The Scrambler” with a weapon in both hands!
5. Susan aka Andovercookiemama aka “Baby Sinclair!” Your “Not the Momma so you get hit with a pot! That is Susan! A pot is her weapon of choice!
Now this is just a few of my wonderfully talented cookie friends! I have many, many more and hope to introduce them sometime.
Now back to the drama. I think sometime you can add drama to your cookie by using different types of dough. Today I am going to share a recipe with you. I got it from (yes, you guessed it) a friend of mine. Her name is Johnna aka The Polka-dot Zebra.
That’s Johnna on the left. She is so sweet! I am the one in the middle. And that is Callye on the right. She is a sweetheart also! I love the picture because it has two of my best friends in it! Love ya both!
Johnna and I made some cookies at my house not to long ago. Remember what we made? If not you can see them here. She introduced me to Spiced Molasses Cookies. It was love at first bite. She told me where she got the recipe and now I am going to share it with you!
The recipe came from Sugarbakers’ Cookie Cutter Cookbook . It is full of wonderful recipes! There are only a few pictures to look at but the recipes are great so go buy it but only if you want to! 😉
Spiced Molasses Cookies
This spiced molasses cookie recipe makes soft, classic cookies that will melt in your mouth. It will remind you of your grandma’s gingerbread cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat the butter and sugar until light in color and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in the molasses and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir to blend.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time and beat well.
- Separate the dough into three discs and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll you dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut out your shapes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll you dough to 1/4 inch thick an cut out your shapes. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Your house will smell WONDERFUL!
Now for the real drama in this post! The dough on the top is the sugar cookie recipe I use and you can find it here.
The second dough is the Spiced Molasses Dough and I just gave you that recipe.
The dough on the bottom is a recipe I have heard people sing praises about so I had to try it. It is from LilaLoa and you can find it here. It is really good! I have found a new Chocolate Roll Out Cookie Recipe. I did make one adjustment because I waned a LOT of drama. I Used Hershey’s Cocoa Special Dark. It is good and it made the cookies almost black! YES DRAMA!! That is what I am talking about!! See…
I hope you have a drama free life except for your cookies or the TV Station “TNT Because They Know Drama!” For some drama free decorating tips, you may enjoy the “Beginners Guide to Cookie Decorating.”