Zucchini Bread (Mattie’s Recipe)
Camp is over and it was a BLAST! Some of the cutest kids in the world were here! I am going to miss them and the funny stories they tell us. I am also going to miss the staff and volunteers but, one thing I will not miss is Mattie’s Zucchini Bread! She gave me her recipe! Mattie was a volunteer cook for many, many years. We all love her dearly! She likes to spend time with her grand kids now but, sometimes she comes to visits and brings us her famous Zucchini Bread. Her book has been used so much it has lost it’s cover so I can’t give you the name of it. Actually, over half the book is missing but, the Zucchini Bread Recipe is there so I am very happy!
I am going to have a hard time finishing this post! My house smells wonderful after baking and the bread is inches away as I type! I love ya more than my zucchini bread so I will try very hard to finish for you! 😉
Supplies for Zucchini Bread:
Zucchini Bread Recipe
This zucchini bread is a moist and delicious bread that is made with cinnamon, nuts and pineapples. Delicious when topped with a brown sugar icing.
Zucchini Bread Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1-8 ounce can of crushed pineapples, drained
Zucchini Bread Icing Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 cups of powered sugar-If you want to pour the icing on the zucchini bread, cut the powdered sugar down to two cups.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Zucchini Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, soda, salt and baking powder, cinnamon and nuts and set it aside.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Next, add sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapples.
- Add the dry ingredients, only stirring until moistened.
- Stir into two well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or up to an hour. Stick a toothpick in the center of the bread and when it comes out clean the bread is done.
Zucchini Bread Icing Directions
- Bring the brown sugar, butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and the vanilla and pour over the zucchini bread.
Now for the icing!
It will look like this! Next, remove from heat and add powdered sugar and the vanilla. I only used 2 cups of powdered sugar for my icing. I wanted it pour it over my bread instead of spreading it like icing. I didn’t take a photo of the added sugar and vanilla because, I was working really fast to get the drippy icing effect for my photo. It sets up very quick!
I hope you give this recipe a try because it is SO GOOD! Thanks Mattie and Lucille Strevel! I am going to go make some coffee, eat a piece of zucchini bread and take a nap! Life is so good!!!!!