Simple Reindeer Cookies
Have I told you about my grandson lately? He is a year and a half and the joy of my life! I love hanging out with this kid. I love playing with him and he loves playing with a bouncy ball we found at a local store. Well, the other day I showed him how Nana likes to play. We made Christmas Cookies. You know the cute reindeer cookies that are frozen so all you have to do is place them on a baking sheet. Tripp had a ball and he was so proud of himself.
Well, let me tell you they are cute an all but, have you ever made them yourself? You can combine your favorite roll out cookie recipes you will love the results! And the best part is the kids can totally help you make this icing free! Yes, you heard me right. You can enjoy decorating sugar cookies without the hassle of making icing and your kids won’t know the difference!
You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Pull them out and bake when the kids are ready.
Supplies for Simple Reindeer Cookies:
Begin by making a batch of sugar cookie dough and a batch of gingerbread dough. Here is a tip on how to roll out sugar cookie dough and how to roll out perfect sugar cookies so they don’t spread.
- Cut circles out of the sugar cookie dough.
- Cut a reindeer head out of the center. Don’t smooch it up because you can bake they are delicious.
- Cut a reindeer head out of the gingerbread dough and place it in the sugar cookie.
- Color a little of the sugar cookie dough red. For tips on how to color sugar cookie dough, click here.
- Use the end of the bubble tea straw to cut a nose out of the reindeer nose and drop in the cute little red nose and bake according to your recipe directions. I followed the sugar cookie recipe and baked these for 7 minutes. Oven times may vary so keep an eye on them.