Soccer Cookies – Tutorial
I see blue skys and green grass. It is a beautiful site after the long gray winter. Most of the time when I see the green grass I think about mowing the yard. This year is a little bit different. As the grass turn a bright pretty green I see soccer cookies. Little soccer cookies sitting in the growing green grass waiting for someone to come and kick it around. Doesn’t playing soccer sound like fun or is making soccer cookies more your thing? I am all for making soccer cookies.
Have you ever looked at soccer ball cookies and been imitated by them? All those lines and those perfect little soccer ball shapes can really make you stress when thinking about making them. Where do you start? How do you make them perfect? The best advice I can give you is just do it. Don’t think about it. Make some little round cookies and let’s have some fun and get this thing done!
Supplies for Soccer Cookies:
A Square Cookie
A Round Cookie
White 15 Second Icing
Green Thick Icing with piping tip #233
A Black Food Safe Marker or Black Food Gel Color with a Paintbrush
I know I tell you guys that things are “simple” and you can do it. These cookies are simple and you can do it! You can make these if you are a beginner or if you are an experienced cookie decorator. They are so simple to make that I only took one photo to show you how to make them.
The Soccer Ball:
- Outline and flood the circle with the white icing and let it dry completely.
- Once it is dry, draw the soccer pattern on it. Start with one pentagon in the center. It is okay if you don’t draw it perfectly because you can fix it once you fill the shape black.
- Next, draw lines from each point.
- Then, finish it off with a triangle tip attached to each line you drew.
- Or you can buy a soccer cookie cutter that makes the lines in the cookies for you. You can find one here.
- Now fill them in with the black food safe marker or you can paint them with a drop of black food gel mixed with a small amount of water. Let it dry.
The Grass Base for the Soccer Cookie:
- Now let’s make some grass on our square cookie.
- Mix some green icing a little on the thick side.
- It needs to be thick enough that when you pull a spoon from it it will hold a peak.
- Place it in a decorating bag fitted with a #233 grass tip. Some people call it a fur tip and it works great for grass and fur.
- Hold the decorating bag straight up and down over the square and hold the tip slightly above the cookie and squeeze until the icing touches the cookie.
- Squeese as you slightly lift the bag and then release pressure on the bag while you quickly pull the bag straight up away from the cookie.
- Repeat until the cookie is covered.
- While the icing is wet, place the soccer ball in the grass.
- Let the cookies dry overnight.
I hope your grass is growing and is nice and green. If you have a birthday or sports party you can bring these cookies and talk to everyone about how much the grass is growing and about how much you don’t like mowing the yard and then eat a soccer cookie.