Hot Chocolate Cookies from a Cookie Mix
Have you ever had hot chocolate cookies? I don’t know how long they have been around, but it is one of those cookies that you take a bite out of and then say, “Where have you been all my life?” Yep. That is what I did.
I made these bad boys for Christmas this year and they are going to be added to my Christmas cookie list from now on. Once you taste the melted chocolate with the gooey marshmallow, it is all over baby! Yum!
I forgot to mention the best part! You can make them from a cookie mix. Yep, hot chocolate cookies from a cookie mix. Life is good my friends!
Supplies for Hot Chocolate Cookies:
1 Package of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of water
12 marshmallows cut in half
24 Hershey’s Kisses
Melted Chocolate to drizzle on the marshmallows
- Begin with a bag of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix. Make the cookies by following the directions on the back of the package.
- Once the dough is made, place a rounded tablespoon full of the dough on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper 2″ apart. You can roll the dough into balls if you want. I do this to get uniform sizes once they are baked.
- Bake at 375º for about 4 minutes. The dough should spread a little and will look as if the surface is a cookie instead of a dough ball.
- Remove them from the oven and and place a Hershey’s Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Then, add a half of a marshmallow on top of the Hershey’s Kiss.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and drizzle them with melted chocolate.
- Let them cool and eat one because they are oh so good you won’t want to wait!
The great thing about cookies is you don’t need a special holiday like Christmas to make them for your friends or family. Give someone a hot chocolate cookie and watch it warm them from the inside out. Better than a cup of hot cocoa!