Bunny Cupcakes and You Don’t Have to Bake
Creating fun, simple and cute cupcakes doesn’t have to be hard and you don’t have to spend a lot of time on them. If you use your imagination, you can make bunny cupcakes with a few things you might already have in your kitchen.
Take a mini powdered donut, candy eyes, a marshmallow, and a pink jelly bean and you can have a simple bunny cupcake in a few minutes. Your kids will be so excited they might just hop for joy!
Supplies for Simple bunny cupcakes:
Store bought Cupcakes
Royal Icing or Candy Eyes
Powdered Mini Donuts
Pink Jelly Beans
Red and White Food Gel Colors (or Pink Food Gel Color)
A few raw Spaghetti Noodles
Frosting to glue on the eyes
- Begin by cutting the marshmallows into triangle shapes. As you cut them, dip your knife and the cut marshmallows into the powdered sugar so it will make everything less sticky.
- If you cut them in half, and then in half again, you can cut the 1/4 of the piece into a triangle.
- If they look too much like a triangle instead of a bunny year, trim the inside corner to make it flat.
- Mix some red and white food gel colors until you get the shade of pink you want for the inside of the ears. I had a rose color gel, but I wanted a darker more pink color for the ears.
- Place a drop of each into a bowl and mix it with the paintbrush.
- Before you paint the inside of the ears pink, insert a piece of spaghetti into the bottom of each ear so you can attach them to the donut later.
- Paint the inside of each ear with the pink food gel color.
- Make two bunny heads by cutting a mini powdered donut in half.
- Next, you will need some candy eyes. You can purchase them already made at your local craft or bakery supply store, or you can see how to make your own with this Candy Eyes Video and Templates. Making your own will allow you to be in control of the size you need, but buying them will also work well.
- You can use a can frosting, those little frostings that come in a tube for writing on cakes, or royal icing to attach the eyes.
- Add a small amount of frosting to the back of each eye and ‘glue’ them on the donut.
- Slide the raw spaghetti noodles with the ears into the top of the bunny’s head.
- Remember when I said this is so simple that you wouldn’t have to bake? Well, you don’t need to bake if you use cute cupcakes from your local bakery or grocery store for the bunny cupcakes. It is quick, simple and you don’t have to do the dishes!
- Place the bunny head on the cupcake. If you want, you can use 2 raw spaghetti noodles to help hold it in place.
- Measure you cupcake and make the noodles a little longer so the donut will slide down on them without poking through the top of the head.
- Add a jelly bean nose.
Simple, cute bunny cupcakes without baking a single cupcake. Keep in mind, this would be a great project for the kids. You can even use chocolate mini donuts and those chocolate brownie marshmallows to make some chocolate bunny cupcakes. Let your imagination hop away for cute bunny cupcakes!