How to Make Nutter Butter Cookies with Video
When I was a kid I loved nutter butter cookies. When my mom would bring them home from the store I would get super excited like it was Christmas or something. All I could think about was that soft cookie with the creamy peanut butter filling. YUM! Did you know you can make them yourself?
Better yet you can make the cookies from a cookie mix. Yep! Bettey Crocker makes a peanut butter cookie mix and it’s perfect for these cute little nutter butter cookies.
Cookies Filling Spread some filling on the back side of a peanut butter cookie and top with another cookie.
Spread some filling on the back side of a peanut butter cookie and top with another cookie.
- Open a package of the Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix and place it in a bowl.
- Add the egg, oil, and water and mix until well combined. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of water but I found this works better with only one tablespoon of water.
Here comes the fun part. We’re going to shape the cookies into little peanut shapes and there are a couple of ways to do it.
- You can use a cookie cutter like a mini number eight, a mini snowman, or a pair of mini eyes.
- Once you have the shapes, use a turkey lacer or a toothpick to make the little lines in your cookies. Watch the video to see how simple it is.
- If you don’t have a cookie cutter that will work you can roll some dough into two little balls.
- Place them side by side on the cookie sheet. Make sure they are touching.
- Then, use the turkey lacer to make the lines in the peanuts.
- This may take a little while so if you have kiddos ask them for a little help.
- Bake the cookies at 375° for 5-7 minutes. They will start to look slightly brown on the edges when they are done.
- Let them cool completely.
- To make the filling, add the room temperature butter, peanut butter, milk (start with 2 tablespoons) and vanilla to a bowl and mix until its combined.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix well.
- If the filling is too thick you can add another tablespoon of milk to make it the consistency you want.
- Spread a little filling onto the back of a cookie and top with another cute little peanut cookie.
How to Make Nutter Butter Cookies Video:
I hope you enjoy the video because I sure enjoy making these little cookies. Adding the texture to the top is my favorite!
These cute little nutter butter cookies are great with our without the filling. You can make nutter butter cookies or just fun peanut shaped peanut butter cookies. Either way they’re delicious!