How to Make Fun and Simple Bear Cookies
I was in the kitchen earlier this week baking some cupcakes and something outside caught my eye. It was big, black and made my heart beat a little faster than normal. Do you know what it was? It was a full grown black bear taking a stroll through my yard. As he walked around my house I couldn’t stop staring at him. He was strong but simple and nothing distracted him from his stroll. Then, he disappeared into the woods. I know he was searching for food or water but he didn’t find anything that satisfied his craving so he moved on. But you know what? I found something. I found inspiration for these simple bear cookies.
I wanted a few cookies that were simple, unique and that weren’t too distracting just like the furry friend I watched walk away. The cutter I used seemed to work perfectly. Did you guess what it is yet?
If you said a bunny cutter you guessed right. Of course he needs some cosmetic surgery with a cut here and trim there. The only thing to pay attention to is the ears. Once you cut them just use your fingers to round the corners. I have been using this cutter for all kinds of animals lately. From bunny cookies to pig cookies this cutter is wonderful.
Supply List for Simple Bear Cookies:
Bunny Cookie Cutter
15 Second Icing in the Following Colors:
Tan-Add a touch of Americolor Ivory to white icing
4mm Black Edible Pearls
Small Edible Pearls
- Once your bears have had surgery, bake them according to your recipe and let them cool before you begin to decorate.
- Outline and flood the bears with the brown royal icing.
- While the icing is wet, add two tan dots for the ears and add the tiny nonpareils for the eyes.
- Let the cookies dry for about 20 minutes and then add the muzzle and the 4 mm black nose.
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat the process for the girl bear.
- The only thing different is you can add White Sugar Pearls for the necklace and a flower for her hair.
- If you want to take the bears to the next level and give them some personality, you can add ties or overalls to make them unique. The sky is the limit!
Aren’t they cute? These simple bear cookies remind me of a big lovable bear family. Do you see your family members? I see a grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles and a few of my cousins. Okay, maybe I need to get out more if I’m seeing my family in these simple bear cookies. Even if I’m losing my mind, I think you should make these. I promise you will have a ‘beary’ good time decorating them!