Fun Dinosaur Cookies with a How to Video
Do funny things ever happen to you? I don’t mean funny like opening a can of corn and those silly fabric snakes on springs jump out. I mean funny like looking at Bunny Ear Cookie Cutter, but instead of seeing the bunny ear you see a cute little dinosaur face?
It happened to me the other day as I looked at the bunny ear cookie cutter in the box because all I could see was a fun dinosaur cookie. Look at his cute little dinosaur face and try to imagine a bunny ear cookie cutter because with the Whisked Away’s bunny ear cookie cutter you get both.
Now when you look at this cookie tell me what you see because I’m excited to find out. Do you see a bunny ear, a dinosaur face, or something else? Leave a comment because I think we’d all be interested in what you see.
I love it when things like that happen because it shows just how you can get creative with your cookie cutters. Now, let’s find out how to make this cute little guy.
Supplies for Fun Dinosaur Cookies:
Bunny Ear Cookie Cutter from Whisked Away Cutters
If you want to make the dinosaur feet follow Sweet Sugar Belle’s Dinosaur Foot Cookie tutorial because it’s amazing. Her flip flop cookie cutter from The Sweet Sugarbelle Shape Shifters Set was used to make the feet in this tutorial.
Royal Icing-AmeriColor Food Gel Colors in a Piping Bag Fitted with #2 tips:
Electric Green with a drop of ivory and a touch of Leaf Green
AmeriMist Airbrush Colors
Lucks White Blanco Airbrush Color
AmeriMist Avocado Color
Paper and Scissors to make yourself a template
- Begin by making a batch of sugar cookie dough, cut your shapes, bake and let the cookies cool before you begin decorating because warm cookies and royal icing don’t play well together.
- I don’t know about you, but working with a template seems to make cookie decorating a little easier and your cookies look pretty much the same.
- Carefully trace your cookie cutter and add the mouth and eye so you can use it on all of your dinosaur cookies.
- Once you have your template, trace it onto the fun dinosaur cookies with a food-safe marker.
- Fill the back of the mouth with a paintbrush or a Boo Boo Stick because we all know the back of the mouth should be more flat.
- Use the red royal icing to make a tongue.
- Outline the cookie with the green royal icing and let it dry for about 10 minutes.
- Next, flood the fun dinosaur cookies with the green royal icing.
- Try not to flood over the line between the nose and the mouth so there will some separation between them.
- Let the cookies dry completely.
- It’s time to airbrush because we want this guy to look amazing with a few shadows.
- Begin by adding a few drops of white airbrush color to the Avocado Amerimist color into the cap of the airbrush gun.
- Place your finger over the end of the airbrush gun where the air comes and gently pull the trigger. The air will flow back into the airbrush gun into the cup and it will mix the color for you. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
- Now don’t go crazy airbrushing the entire dinosaur. Airbrush the back of the head, the base of the neck and around the bottom edge of the mouth so he won’t look over airbrushed. Simple shading is what we’re trying to achieve.
- A temple is a good thing because we can place it on the dry cookie and add the eye with the black royal icing.
- Remove the template and give him a little dot for the nose.
- Adding the white dot to the eye is simple because all you have to do is pipe one small dot onto a turkey lacer and then place it on the wet black icing to add a highlight and let the cookie dry completely.
How to Make Fun Dinosaur Cookies Video:
Making videos like this is good because you can see how to add the pattern to the cookie, airbrush, and add a twinkle to the eyes. It’s a simple cookie to make because it’s basically one color with a few details with the mouth and eyes. I hope you enjoy watching this bunny ear transform into a dinosaur cookie because simple things cam make us happy!
The next time you get a box of cutters in the mail open the box and look for something totally unexpected! Hopefully, someone didn’t send you those crazy fabric snakes because those things are mean! I hope you see a few fun shapes in the cookie-cutter you purchased because who knows what you might see. Cookie decorating is a great way to use your imagination because using your imagination is a wonderful thing to help you decorate cookies!