How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cookies
If you’re looking for a classic cookie for fall you need to try these easy pumpkin cookies. They’re one of the first cookies I bake for fall and they’re great for a beginner or advanced decorators. If you’ve been shopping lately, I’m sure you’ve seen the classic pumpkin orange colors among blue, lime green and yellow. Once you find a pumpkin cutter you like, experiment with different colors of royal icing and see if you can make a new fun fall color palette.
How to Make Easy Little Pumpkin Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Sugarbelle’s Pumpkin Cookie Cutter-any pumpkin cutter will work
Royal Icing Colors: I used AmeriColor Soft Paste Food Gel Colors
Yellow-Mix a little Gold with Lemon Yellow
- Begin by baking your easy pumpkin cookies and letting them cool completely.
- If you need a pattern, trace the cookie cutter and draw the different sections of the pumpkin on a piece of parchment paper.
- Cut out the center section of the pumpkin and use a food safe marker to trace it onto the cookies.
- Outline the center of the pumpkin.
- Outline the side sections of the pumpkin.
- Flood the outer sections and let them dry for about 20 minutes. I used a Mini Heat Gun to help the icing dry a little faster. It will make the royal icing dry with a shine and help prevent air bubbles and reduce craters.
- If you don’t have a Mini Heat Gun, don’t worry about it. Place your cookies in front of a fan once you flood them. This will help the top coat of the royal icing dry quickly which will help it dry with a shine instead of looking dull. That makes a lot of happy little pumpkin cookies!
- Outline the stem with the brown royal icing. I don’t know why, but I chose to leave a little hole in the stem just to add a little character.
- Next, flood the center section of the pumpkin.
- Here is the little Mini Heat Gun I was telling you about. Isn’t it cute!
- Let the cookies dry completely before you stack or package them.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cookies:
If you make fun fall colors, share a link with me below and I’ll post them on my Pumpkin Cookies Pinterest Board.
I love to make these easy pumpkin cookies because they are a perfect way to welcome fall. Give them to your friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family and make their day special! Don’t forget to share your pumpkin cookies links with me!