How to Make Simple Syrup with a Video
Simple syrup is a mixture of water and sugar and is used to help keep cakes moist and delicious. It’s also used in drink recipes and other desserts. Today we are going to learn how to make it and use it to keep our cakes moist and delicious.
Simple syrup doesn’t need to be used on every cake you make, but when you’re making novelty cakes and carving, it works like magic. It will help your cakes moist so they are good and don’t dry out. All you need to do is make the syrup, shower the cake, and then decorate. There are only two ingredients and this recipe lives up to its name. It’s simple!
Simple syrup = 1 part water and 1 part sugar.
If you have water and sugar you have the ingredients to make simple syrup. It’s a great way to add a little moisture and flavor to your cakes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- All you need to make this syrup is equal parts water and sugar.
- One cup sugar and one cup water. Or you can use 1⁄2 cup water and 1⁄2 cup sugar. If you’re decorating a lot of cakes you can use six cups sugar and six cups water. It doesn’t matter as long as you use equal parts of both.
- Add them to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Cool it to room temperature and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Some people say it will last forever in the fridge, but I don’t like to push things. I like to keep mine in the fridge for one month in an airtight container to make sure it’s good.
- If it’s left in the fridge for a long time it will get moldy and moldy syrup isn’t something I want on my cakes.
- If you research it you will find different suggestions on how long it will last. 1 part sugar + 1 part water will last for one month in the fridge. 2 parts sugar + 1 part water will last up to 6 months.
How to Make Simple Syrup with a Video:
This recipe is exactly what it says it is, simple. Remember equal parts of water and sugar and you’ll have the magic simple syrup to help keep your moist and delicious.