How to Make Chocolate Ganache Truffles Recipe
Remember the other day when I told you how simple it was to make chocolate ganache truffles? Well, here is the Chocolate Ganache Recipe, so I thought I’d show you how simple it is to make them. You’re going to love this recipe because it’s simple, delicious, and makes great gifts. I know what your thinking. It doesn’t need to be Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or a special birthday to enjoy these bad boys! You can have them on any given Tuesday!
Supplies for Chocolate Ganache Truffles:
Chocolate with at least 61% cocoa
Whipping Cream with at least 35% milk fat
Toppings such as Jimmies, Sprinkles, cocoa, coconut, nuts or any other toppings you want to use.
Chocolate Ganache Truffles Recipe
- 8 ounces of chocolate with at least 61% cocoa
- 4 ounces of whipping cream
- Coarsely chop the chocolate into little pieces with a serrated knife.
- Place it in a heatproof bowl and set it aside.
- Place the cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil stirring it as needed.
- Once the cream boils remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Give the bowl a little shake and let it sit for five minutes. I know it's tempting but don't stir the chocolate yet because doing so will cause the ganache to cool too quickly and it will be grainy. Let it sit for five minutes and then stir.
- Stir it gently so you don't create air bubbles.
- Place plastic wrap on the ganache so it's touching the top of the chocolate.
- Let it rest for 12 hours before you make the truffles.
- Scoop the chocolate out with a small melon baller and roll into balls.
- Dip the truffles into the topping. These were rolled into Jimmies. If the truffles get soft, you may want to stick them in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up.
- Once the truffles are rolled, package them up and give them away!
- 2:1 If you want to make truffles, you're going to need a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to cream. Two parts chocolate and one part cream. 8 ounces of chocolate and 4 ounces of cream.
To make the truffles we are going to use the 2:1 ratio of chocolate to the cream which means 8 ounces of chocolate to 4 ounces of cream. To see how to make the chocolate ganache video click here: Chocolate Ganache Recipe.
- Once you make the ganache Pour it into a loaf pan, pie plate or anything you can scoop it out of and cover it in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight or for about 12 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and use a melon baller to make chocolate scoops.
- The small melon baller makes a good size truffle but if you want to use a different size go for it.
- After you ball the truffles, roll them into a ball.
- Dip the ganache truffles into the Jimmies.
- Keep rolling until you get all the truffles covered.
- Package them or place them in a bowl and enjoy them because they are good!
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Truffles Recipe Video:
If you need a homemade no-bake gift for someone I suggest you try these chocolate truffles. You can make them in no time (well, except for the waiting for the ganache to set up time) and they’re super easy. You can make different flavors, cover them in toasted coconut, nuts, or cocoa. The chocolate ganache is smooth, creamy and delish so let’s put this on our list to make for people even if there isn’t a special occasion. Wait, is Thursday a special occasion?