The Cookie Network Royal Icing Recipe and KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
The Cookie Network Royal Icing Recipe and Kitc
henAid Mixer Giveaway! Watch the video and find out how to enter.
The Cookie Network Royal Icing Recipe and KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway Video
Hi guys! I hope you all are ready for this royal icing recipe and the surprise at the end of the video. I guess it really isn’t much of a surprise since I announced it in the title of the video. so one of you could be the winner of the KitchenAid Mixer. Isn’t that exciting?
Are you ready to enter (as many times as you’d like) for a chance to win a KitchenAid Mixer? Alan and I will be giving away one KitchenAid Mixer on December 11, 2018, and all you need to do to enter is leave a comment below letting us know what color you’d like. If you’ve been shopping or looking at the mixers you’ve probably seen all the new colors they’ve added to their collection. So many gorgeous mixers in so many different colors!
Before you enter, let’s make sure you get your recipe.
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 2.25 pounds of Confectioners’ Sugar or powdered sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- 5 tablespoons of meringue powder
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or another flavor you’d like to make.
- 1 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar if your meringue powder doesn’t list it in the ingredients.
- Sift the Confectioner’s Sugar.
- I personally weigh it so I know the quantity is exactly 2.25 pounds and this makes a difference in how my royal icing turns out.
- Place it in a bowl of a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer place it in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place the water, meringue powder, and flavor in a jar and mix it well. If you place it in a Mason jar and shake it, it will be frothy.
- Pour it in the confectioner’s sugar.
- Add the paddle attachment and mix it on the lowest speed until the confectioner’s sugar starts mixing with the wet ingredients.
- Turn the mixer up a little and mix for about a minute or two.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to mix until the icing looks smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Place the royal icing into an airtight container.
- Cover it with a piece of plastic wrap making sure it’s touching the top of the royal icing. This will prevent the air from crusting and drying the top layer of the icing.
- Place the lid on the container.
- When you’re ready to decorate, tint the icing with soft food gel colors and decorate.
Royal icing is affected by humidity so you may need to adjust the water. I prefer to make it thick and add the water when I add the tint so I can get the consistency I need.
Keep the royal icing covered with the plastic wrap or it will form a crust in a matter of minutes.
When adjusting the consistency of the icing, Gail at One Tough Cookie taught us to use a spray bottle so we can add small amounts of water to achieve the consistency we need. It changed the way I make the icing. Thanks, Gail!
If you want a smaller batch of royal icing, here is my Half a Batch of Royal Icing Recipe.
Winner will be announced on December 11, 2018.
The winner of the KitchenAid Mixer is:
Congrats Jisso! I’ve sent you an email on how to claim the KitchenAid Mixer so check your email and reply within 24 hours! Congrats!
Now for the giveaway. All you have to do to be entered is leave a comment below and let me know what color KitchenAid Mixer you’d like. That’s it! It’s that easy.
- Deadline to enter is Monday, December 10, 2018. Winner will be randomly selected and announced on The Power of a Cookie Podcast and will be sent an emailed.
- Prize must be claimed within 24 hours or a new winner will be drawn.
- This giveaway is open until Monday, December 10, 2018, to Continental US residents over the age of 18.
- Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment.
- The Bearfoot Baker is not responsible for any technical issues affecting entries. It’s up to you to make sure that your entry is received.
- Enter as many times as you’d like. If you want to be entered ten times, enter ten times. If you want to be entered 30 times, enter thirty times!
- I reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify this giveaway if it cannot be operated, conducted or completed as planned, for any reason.
Good luck cookie decorators!