Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossoms are peanut butter cookies with a nice chocolate kiss on top. Who doesn’t like a nice chocolate kiss especially when it’s on a cookie? Oh did I mention the peanut butter cookies are rolled in sugar before you bake them? These cookies should come with a warning because they are seriously addictive!
What are we waiting for? Let’s bake some.
***Update: I forgot to add the 1/2 tsp of salt to the recipe above. It’s added now and I’m sorry about that!
- Place the stick of unsalted butter (room temp) in a bowl with the creamy peanut butter.
- Beat on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the light brown sugar and the granulated sugar and mix well.
- Next, add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Scoop out some dough balls with a cookie scoop and roll the balls and roll them in sugar.
- Place them 2″ apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill them for 10-30 minutes before you bake them. Remember, the warmer the dough the more the cookies will spread.
- Bake 6-10 minutes at 350° or as soon as you see the edges turning a light brown remove them from the oven.
- As soon as you remove them from the oven place one Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates on each cookie and let them cool completely.
Peanut Butter Blossoms:
I hope you enjoy the video!
This batch of cookies will make 35-50 cookies depending on the size you roll them. For the first batch of cookies, I made them larger than these so I made another batch so they would be photo-worthy. I hate we had to make more of these little addictive cookies, but oh we’ll take one for the team. 😉
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick of unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Extra granulated sugar for rolling the cookies.
- A kiss for every cookie- Depending on what size cookies you make you’ll probably need 35-50 kisses.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Mix the butter and the peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the granulated sugar and the brown sugar and mix.
- Add the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and roll in the extra granulated sugar.
- Place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat 2" apart.
- Chill them in the fridge for 10-30 minutes before you bake them. Remember, the warmer the dough balls are the more the cookies will spread.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. When the edges start to turn light brown remove them from the oven and place a kiss in the center of each cookie immediately.
- Let them cool completely.