Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough
I know you’re probably thinking what in the world is this tutorial about. Right? What in the world can you learn from ‘Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough’ that you can use when you make cookies. Well, you might not learn anything at all from this, but I felt the need to do this post just in case there’s one person out there that doesn’t know how to flip their sugar cookie dough.
It’s pretty cool to make cookies look at each other. It’s good during Valentine’s Day because adding a little heart in between the cookies is a cute way to show a little love. Another cool thing about it is it can add a little fun and character to your cookie platters. If all the cookies are facing the same directions it’s nice because you have beautiful cookies and you get to eat them. If you have cookies that are facing different directions it’s even cooler. Let’s say you have a birthday party and the customer asked for a car-themed platter. If you flip the car cookie dough it will add a little fun to the design and make the cars look different without any additional cost to you. Just flip that sugar cookie dough and decorate!
Supply List for Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough:
(may contain affiliate links)
Flexible Plastic Mat
- When I make cookies I like to put the dough in the freezer for a few minutes to make it nice and cold. Be careful not to freeze the dough because when you cut out the shapes they might break. In the video, you can see how stiff my dough is. It was almost frozen, but it worked.
- Your dough might get warm as you cut out your shapes. If that happens just put it back in the freezer for a few minutes and then resume cutting.
- Making animals face each other is super easy and very cute. Hopefully, I can make some facing each other soon with birthday platters and later for Valentine’s Day. I didn’t make the giraffe in this tutorial, but I think they’d be really sweet with those long necks.
- The title of this post says it all, ‘Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough’ and you’ll have a fun cookie to decorate and it will match your theme perfectly. Just make sure the dough is cold enough to move without messing up the shape.
- Look at those little dinosaur cookies! Aren’t they cute?
- And now it’s time for the little pigs. I like it when they face each other because it’s cute. I like cute cookies especially when I don’t have to purchase another cookie cutter. This is a tip that doesn’t cost anything. Well, only if you already own a cutter, but you can hand cut these also so it could be a totally free decorating tip.
Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough Video:
As you watch this notice how cold my cookie dough is. It’s almost frozen and if that happens the cookies can crack as they’re cut out. Thankfully mine didn’t crack so next time I’ll take them out of the freezer sooner. Just something I thought I’d share.
Do you know my friend The Cookie Artisan? She’s super sweet and an amazing cookie decorator. She asked me one day if I had an image of cookies facing each other. I didn’t but I was making cookie dough as she asked me. I told her to give me a little while and I’d send her a few. She talks about how she decorates platters and make the cookie face each other and you can read what she says on Facebook here.
You should also check out her page because she has amazing cookies, super cool themes, and she’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. Head over to her Facebook page and tell her hi! I know she’ll love hearing from you.
Now Just Flip that Sugar Cookie Dough and have fun making your cookies see each other because it’s super fun!