Shark Cookie Decorations Will Make You Happy
Shark Cookie Decorations Will Make You Happy because they’re adorable! And because it’s Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and I love it. I never want to swim with a shark myself, but watching how amazing people gather information on these magnificent creatures is fascinating. Do you want free shark patterns so you can make some cookie decorations for your sugar cookies? If you said yes, you’re in luck because here are three waiting for you to print.
Look under the FREE PATTERNS below to print your copies now!
Shark Decorations Supply List:
(may contain affiliate links)
FREE PATTERNS for Shark Decorations:
(click the links below to print your FREE PATTERNS)
- Small Shark Royal Icing Transfers
- Medium Shark Royal Icing Transfers
- Large Shark Royal Icing Template
- Foam Board
- Wax Paper
- Painter Tape
- The Colors of your Choice
How to Make Royal Icing Decorations for Your Sugar Cookies:
It isn’t hard to make candy decorations out of royal icing. You’ll only need a few supplies to make it cookie magic so let’s talk about what you’ll need.
- You need something to tape your pattern on so you can pipe your decorations on a flat smooth surface so I choose foam boards. If you go to The Dollar Tree you can find them for $1 per board and you can cut them into four pieces for four different patterns. When you think about an investment in cookie decorating you can’t do much better than a quarter per board. You will have a small piece of the board leftover but I’m sure you or your kids will find something good to make with it.
- Next, you need wax paper. Some people use other things to pipe their transfer onto, but for me, the wax paper is inexpensive, easy to find, and works great with your decorations.
- The last thing you need is masking tape. You can use it to tape your pattern on the foam board and then tape a piece of wax paper on top of the pattern. Now you’re ready to decorate your patterns.
Pipe and Remove the Candy Decorations:
- Next, mix your royal icing in the colors of your choice and use the pattern to make your decorations.
- Let them dry completely and this may take a day or two because they need to be dry enough to remove them from the wax paper. You may want to let them dry for a few more days before you store them just to make sure they’re completely dry.
- Remove the wax paper and gently peel the decorations off and store them in an airtight container away from the sun. They will last for months and months!
One more thing I’d like to talk about is how you’ll use your cookie decorations. When you think of sharks, don’t just think about Shark Week because you’ll be missing the boat. Haha, I couldn’t resist! Think about birthday, Valentine’s Day, shark puns for different cookie sets. Birthday and holiday cards are a great place to find inspiration.
- FIN-tastic– Zazzle Pillow
- Jawsome Birthday Card
- Hammerhead SharksHow to Make Hammerhead Shark Cookies – You can do “It’s Hammer Time” set of cookies and add a few of Mr. Hammerheads’ friends on some plaque cookies. I promise it will be fun!