Do You Have Cutters to Make Cute Boho Rainbow Cookies
Do you have cookie cutters to make cute boho rainbow cookies? I bet you do and you don’t even know it.
Can You Tell What Cutters Made These Rainbow Cookies?
There is a picture that will answer this question at the bottom so keep reading.
These cookies were so much fun because I didn’t really think about anything! Do you know how you can overthink things sometimes? Well, not these cookies.
Don’t worry about the designs or perfect piping. All you need to do is make some white and green royal icing and have a blast! You’ll feel like a kid in kindergarten. Just grab your piping bag and see how many different designs you can make.
As for the cookie cutters, I grabbed a few without thinking and realized most of them could become a rainbow. It was actually shocking because it’s so simple to trim the unbaked cookie dough and see a rainbow shape.
To see if it will work you can trace the cutters onto a piece of paper and see if you can make a rainbow shape. It’s really fun to see how simple it is to shift them into a rainbow.
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors
- White- Americolor Bright White
- Gourmet Green The Cookie Countess
- Succulent Green The Cookie Countess
- Neon Bright Green The Cookie Countess
- Forrest Green The Cookie Countess
I thought you might want a visual of the food gel colors so I took a few pictures with my phone after I mixed them. Don’t you just love The Cookie Countess Gel Colors? If you’re interested you can click the link to see all of those beautiful rainbow colors. I also have her Cookie Countess Counter Cover and it is a wonderful work surface that will help protect your table or counters.
Cute Boho Rainbow Cookies Video:
I hope you get a few ideas from these cookie cutters. Shifting cookie cutters is so much fun and this is a great way to see your cutters a little differently.
Let’s Start with an Egg!
- Today we’ll use an egg cookie cutter to make a cute boho rainbow cookie. As you’ll see later there are so many cookie cutters that can easily transform into a cute boho rainbow cookie.
- All you need to do is grab an egg cookie cutter and cut it out of your cookie dough.
- Before you bake it trim the top off of the egg.
- Bake it and turn it upside down and you will have a cute rainbow.
- Outline your rainbow with the white royal icing. I’ve gone old school and I have an outline and flood consistency. You can use one consistency to do both, but I’m feeling old school these days and I like to use an outline and flood to make a neater-looking cookie. Do whatever floats your boat because we need to be happy as we decorate sweet little sugar cookies.
- Now comes the fun part. Time to flood. Fill the area with the 10-15-Second Consistency.
What is the Wet on Wet Technique?
Do you know what the wet on wet decorating technique is? It is where you pipe wet icing onto the wet icing you used as the base. It’s that simple.
And these cookies don’t have to be perfect. As a matter of fact, these are some of the funniest cookies I’ve made in a long time. The key to this is to have fun. Make some royal icing colors and go for it. See what kind of wet on wet patterns you can come up with. I think you’re really going to have fun with these rainbows.
- Decorate one rainbow at a time so the base doesn’t dry while you’re adding the details because when you pipe wet icing onto wet icing the base coat must be wet.
Add Some Color:
- Add the royal icing you want on your rainbow.
Decorate it Anyway You Want:
- Then, add some cute little details!
You’re all done! Isn’t this fun! I have to admit that these cookies are super fun to decorate and I felt like I was a kid decorating cookies for the first time. There are a few more shapes baked and I’ll share them on Instagram soon. And I’ll try to add more before St. Patrick’s day. Before we go I thought you might like to see the other cookie cutters I converted into cute boho rainbow cookies.
What Cookie Cutters Can You Shift Into A Rainbow:
- Ghost & Cloud
What do you think? Want to make a few boho rainbow cookies with me? Go look at your cutters, grab a piece of paper and a pencil, and see if you can make a few boho rainbow cookies with your cutters. I’ll bet you’ll be surprised how easy it is to make rainbows.