How to Make Sugar Cookies That Look Like Chocolate Chip Yeti Cookies
Chocolate chip yeti cookies make me laugh! You may have seen these cute cookies decorated to look like a hug a monster. My friend Sweet Dani B designed this cutter and it was sold at Copper Cutters, but they have closed their business. It makes me really sad when cookie companies close and when some of our favorite cookie cutters are no longer available. As a blogger, I like to make things and share all the steps with you so you can make cookies you like. But that’s not always possible.
However, I read on Sweet Dani B’s Instagram and I got the impression someone is going to make this cute little guy in the future so I sent her a message and asked. She is so adorable and she replied that someone is working on her designs now and she will let us know as soon as they are available! That makes me so happy!
I’ll be sure to share the information on the blog, Instagram, and Facebook as soon as everything is available. Until then, grab a cookie-cutter, almost any cookie cutter will make cute chocolate chip cookies, and let’s get started. It’s so much fun and you only need one color of royal icing. How great is that?!!!
Let’s get started!
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors:
- Chocolate Chip Yeti Cookie Color: Here is the formula I used to make the cookie color:
4 ounces of royal icing + 4 drops of Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Color Ivory and 2 drops of The Cookie Countess Totally Brown. I really like this chocolate chip cookie color.
- Yeti Cookie Cutter- I’ll share the link as soon as it is available, but grab any cookie cutter and make some fun chocolate chip cookies. Also, if you get a large order you can add a few of these as filler cookies. They are great when you add a few to a birthday set. Just imagine a cute balloon or hat with some royal icing chocolate chips on them. So fun!
- Totally Brown Edible Gel Icing Color from The Cookie Countess– or any brown food gel color will look great. This is for splattering the brown dots on the Yeti so you don’t need to make icing with this color. We’ll add a little vodka or water for this process that you will see later in the directions.
- Turkey Lacer
- Food Tongs
- Vodka (or water)
Chocolate Chip Royal Icing Transfers:
- FREE Chocolate Chip Royal Icing Transfers- Make these a few days before you make your Yeti cookies. If you want to make some in advance to use on future projects you can do so and keep them in an airtight container away from the sun.
Sugar Cookies that Look Like Chocolate Chip Yeti Cookies:
Enjoy the movie!
Let’s decorate some Yeti cookies!
- Begin by baking some cookies and make a batch of royal icing.
- Then, mix your royal icing color. See what I did there? You only have one color of icing to mix! How amazing is that?!! The Yeti in this post is Americolor Ivory and The Cookie Countess Totally Brown and I think it worked well. The formula I used is listed above under royal icing colors. If you want it to be a little darker you can add a small amount of brown.
- Next, outline and flood your little Yetis and use a turkey lacer to smooth out the icing and pop any air bubbles you see with a turkey lacer.
Time to add some chocolate chip royal icing transfers!
- While the icing is still wet add the royal icing chocolate chip transfers. You can add them with your fingers or with food tongs.
- Next, you will need a little vodka (or water), brown food-gel color, and a toothbrush. Mix a little food gel color and vodka, dip the toothbrush into the mixture, and flick it on the cookies. Be sure you cover the background with parchment paper or you will have one huge mess to clean up.
- Last but not least you can airbrush the cookies with The Cookie Countess Totally Brown Airbrush Color. You can see how easy it is in the video.
I hope you all have fun with the Chocolate Chip Yeti Cookies and remember if you need the cutter Sweet Dani B will let us know when it’s available. I’ll be sure to share it with you on my social media!