Royal Icing Quick Tip
Do you know that little puff of meringue powder that makes a cloud and slowly blows up to your face when you make royal icing? Well, I hate that and since I usually mix my royal icing in the morning and the smell floats up my nostrils makes me queazy. This royal icing quick tip will help minimize it and it’s one of my favorite tips ever.
What could be better than using a Mason jar to mix the meringue and water? Nothing. The Mason jar is a miracle tool.
Royal Icing Quick Tip:
(may contain affiliate links)
- Gather the ingredients and place the water in the jar and add the flavor of your choice. This batch if flavored with Pure Almond Extract. I usually add Pure Vanilla Extract but today I am feeling like almond.
- Then, add the meringue power slowly with a spoon. If you pour it in it will make that annoying stinky cloud.
- Now for the fun part. Add the lid to the jar and shake your groove thing! Crank up the music and shake it, baby, shake it!
- You don’t have to slake like the paint mixer at Home Depot shakes up the paint at Home Depot. You just need to shake it until it is mixed well.
- Next, pour it over the powdered sugar.
- Turn the mixer on low and mix until the mixture is moist. Then turn the mixer on high just until the ingredients are combined.
Perfect royal icing without the puff of meringue powder waffling up your nose. I know this isn’t earth-shattering news but, it is a tip that helps keep me sane. I know it won’t work for everyone but, it works for me and hopefully, it will work for you as well.
Royal Icing Recipe
Half a Batch of Royal Icing Recipe
How to Decorate Cookies with Royal Icing-Video
How to Decorate Cookies with Royal Icing by Sweetopia
Coloring and Preparing Royal Icing by Sweet Sugar Belle
Consistencies and Troubleshooting Tips by SweetAmbs
Free Printable Cookie Supply Shopping List