How to Use an Airbrush Cleaning Pot
Remember the other day when I shared the DIY Airbrush Cleaning Pot tutorial with you? Well, I think it is time for me to show you how to use an airbrush cleaning pot because they are pretty handy little helpers for your airbrush gun. I am in the middle of making some Christmas cookies and I have this little jar sitting on the table within arms reach. Every time I reach for it I am reminded to show you how helpful it is. I can’t believe how much I have used it and how much it has speeded up my airbrushing process. I seriously don’t have to run to the sink and rinse it out every time I need to change colors.
I know they say you should go from a light airbrush color to a darker one so you don’t have to clean out your gun every time but I still like to rinse it often to prevent any clogs especially when I am taking photos or videos for the blog. Sometimes a step may take a little longer due to the sun hiding behind a cloud or trying to burn holes in my retinas. I have to stop and reset the camera so the airbrush color might be in the gun a little longer then normal. Anyway, here is how to use an airbrush cleaning pot. I promise if you take 15 minutes make one, you will use it.
- When you want to change airbrush colors all you have to do is pour a little water into the cup of the gun.
- Next, place your finger over the tip of the gun where the air comes out and pull the trigger back. This will help loosen the color on the inside of the gun so it will spray out easily.
- Don’t be alarmed if you see bubbles. You are actually stopping the air from leaving the tip of the gun. It has to go somewhere so it will come out through the cup instead.
- Repeat that for a few seconds to make sure the color is loose.
- Next, place the tip of the gun into the hole of the cleaning pot and pull the trigger until the gun is empty.
- Add some water and repeat until the gun sprays clear water.
Can you see the black color in the bottom of the jar? All of that color came out of your gun so now it is nice and clean and ready for the next color.
Here is one of my tips for you, before you clean the gun and put it away, clean it with a little vodka the same way you just cleaned it with water. It will help your airbrush gun have a longer life.
How to Use an Airbrush Cleaning Pot:
I hope you are ready to make some Christmas cookies and hopefully we can airbrush a few of them together. If you want to see some pretty Christmas Cookies on Pinterest, you should click here and follow my “Christmas Cookies I love board.” You all have made some beautiful cookies. I can’t wait to see what you make this year! Feel free to email me if you want me to pin some of your creations.