Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Nothing smells as good as chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. I can’t tell you how wonderful they make your house smell as they bake. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe makes the best chocolate chip cookies with a rich nutty taste and classic flavor. There is a secret to making these and you’re going to love it.
Let’s get started!
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 5.8g Saturated Fat: 3.3g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 113mg Carbohydrates: 15.2g Fiber: .3g Sugar: 8.1g Protein: 1.4g
Click here so you can learn How to Make Delicious Brown Butter and how to freeze it for up to three months. I usually make mine when it’s called for in a recipe, but freezing it is definitely an option. Brown butter is good in pasta, cake recipes, on veggies, and in our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. If you haven’t tried it this is a great recipe to try it because you’ll get a deliciously rich flavor in a cookie that’s not super sweet.
I hope you’ll give it a try.
- Sift together the bread flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Set it aside.
- In a large bowl mix the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso powder.
- Add the brown butter and mix. When you start mixing it will look liquidly, but keep mixing until it starts to look like a cookie dough. If you look at the last picture you can see the dough has set up quite a bit. That’s what you’re looking for.
Here is where I made a little mistake, but it worked out. I added a little of the flour mixture before I added the eggs. Don’t do that. Add the eggs and then the flour mixture and you’ll get an “A” on your report card. I didn’t get an “A” but I did get delicious cookies. Lesson learned for me, eggs first in this recipe. Now let’s do it the right way:
- Add the two eggs and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture. Add a little of the flour mixture at a time and mix well.
- Fold the semi-sweet chocolate chips into the dough.
- Now fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Once all of the chocolate chips are folded into the dough, take a cookie scoop and place some dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least an hour. I like to leave mine overnight and bake them fresh in the morning so I have that wonderful smell in my house all day long. Yum.
- Bake them at 350° for 7-11 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
These cookies make a great gift and you’ll give yourself the gift of homemade chocolate chip cookie smells all day long, I love gifts like this.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Video:
I know everyone has their go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe and this one is mine. It took me about a year to perfect it because I didn’t want a dough that was super sweet or just tasted like semi-sweet chocolate. The brown butter is what pushed me over the edge on these delicious little morsels. I hope you like them as much as I do.
With Christmas right around the corner, you may want to make some of these to give to your friends, co-workers and families. They make great little presents they’ll remember, but be prepared. They’ll want them every year.