How to Make Delicious Brown Butter
Have you ever wondered how to make a brown butter and what recipes you’d need it for? I think we’ll need it in cookies recipe. Not just any cookie recipe, it’s a Chocolate chip cookie to be exact. You’re gonna love the rich nutty taste and the aroma that will fill your house…yum! Let’s get started!
Brown butter can be stored in the freezer in airtight container for up to three months. If you don't like the brown burnt bits in the bottom you can strain it through a coffee filter so you're left with the delicious rich brown butter.
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100 Total Fat: 11gg Saturated Fat: 7gg
Brown butter can be stored in the freezer in airtight container for up to three months.
If you don't like the brown burnt bits in the bottom you can strain it through a coffee filter so you're left with the delicious rich brown butter.
Supplies for How to Make Delicious Brown Butter:
(may contain affiliate links)
8 ounces of unsalted butter
- Place butter in a saucepan over low to medium heat and bring to a boil. I like to stir things so I stirred the butter the entire time it melted. A lot of people say they swirl the pan to keep it from burning but I prefer to stir. Do what makes you comfortable just be careful not to burn it.
- As the butter melts it will foam, but don’t worry, it’s supposed to do that. Just keep stirring or swirling so it doesn’t burn.
How to Make Delicious Brown Butter Video
- You should start to see the little brown milk solids on the bottom of the pan. This is what gives you the delicious nutty taste, but be careful and remove it from the heat. The main thing you need to look out for is making sure the butter doesn’t burn.
- Next, you need to place it in a bowl or measuring cup so it will help stop the cooking. I needed one cup and cooking the butter caused some to dissolve so I added a little cold water to top it off.
- If you don’t like the brown milk solids all you have to do is strain it over a coffee filter. Done! Dispose of the little brown pieces and keep the butter.
Brown butter is great for veggies, cakes, pasta, but I love it in chocolate chip cookies. I hope your ready because I’m going to share that recipe with you tomorrow. I wanted to make sure you knew the proper way to make brown butter first.