How to Make Strange Little Mini Alien Cookies
I all most named these cookies “How to Make Scary Little Dangerous Mini Alien Cookies” but the name was way too long. I wanted the word dangerous in the title because these cookies are dangerous! They’re cute, taste good, and they’re minis. Who doesn’t want to eat a million little mini alien cookies? Okay, maybe not a million, but probably more than a regular-sized cookie so be brave and beware because I’ve warned you about dangerous aliens!
I don’t know if you have a set of Sugarbelle’s Mini Shape Shifter Cookie Cutter Set, but I hope you get a set because I’m having a blast with mine. Look at the back of the box and check out all of the designs she provided for us. Then, look at the cookie cutters and let your mind go crazy because these shapes are easy to turn into different designs. I really, really, really like this set of cookie cutters!
Supply List for How to Make Strange Little Mini Alien Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Sweet Sugarbelle’s Mini Shape Shifters Cookie Cutter Set at Country Kitchen Sweetart-or check them out at Flour Box Bakery – This cookie was made with the Mini Skull/Scarecrow Cookie Cutter- These cutters keep selling out so you’d better get them while you can or you can enter a contest on my blog by clicking this: Sweet Sugarbelle’s Mini Cookie Cutter Giveaway. You’d better hurry because the contest ends Wednesday, August 7, 2019, at noon!
Royal Icing Colors:
Green- AmeriColor Electrick Green and Leaf Green- Mix the two until you get an alien green you like.
There are so many fun cutters in this set. Do you know which one I used to make these alien cookies? If you look at the first picture below you can almost see how Callye Sweet Sugarbelle decorated one of her cookies. Do you know what it is? It was made with the skull/scarecrow cookie cutter.
As you look at the pictures below examine the shape and try to think of other designs you could use this cutter to make. If you flip it upside down do you see another idea for the cutter? How about a snowman cookie?
Every cookie cutter in her set will inspire you to create new designs. I’m going to spend some time using these cutters to come up with a few new designs so stick around for the fun!
- Once you’ve baked your cookies and made your royal icing it’s time to decorate some cute little alien cookies.
- Use a food-safe marker to draw the eyes on the cookies. You can make a template or free-hand them.
- Outline the cookies with the green royal icing and let them dry for a few minutes and then flood them.
- After you flood each cookie, use a turkey lacer to smooth out the royal icing and pop the air bubbles.
- Let the cookies dry for a few hours before you add the eyes.
- Pipe the eyes of the mini alien cookies with the black royal icing and fill the holes nice and full so the eyes will look big like alien eyes.
- While the icing is wet add a white dot in each eye and use the turkey lacer to help smooth it out.
- You can paint the mouth and eyebrows on the little alien or you can pipe them with the black icing. Painting is always fun so that’s how I decorated them.
- If you decide to pain them you can use a black food gel color or you can use black Edible Art Edible Paint.
- Paint the mouth and the eyebrows and let the cookies dry completely.
How to Make Strange Little Mini Alien Cookies Video
You know the thing about mini cookies is it doesn’t take long to decorate them. You could easily add some to a platter of larger Alien Cookies because it will add character and a lot of cuteness.
Look how happy those little mini alien cookies are. They’re cute because of the shape of the cookie cutter. Thanks, Callye for making these and I can’t wait to decorate the rest of the set!
Remember if you want to enter the contest and try to win Sweet Sugarbelle’s Mini Shape Shifters Cookie Cutter Set, go enter the contest. One winner will be selected on August 7, 2019, at noon! Here’s the link so go enter now: Sweet Sugarbelle’s Mini Cookie Cutter Giveaway. You’d better hurry because the contest ends on Wednesday.