Welcome 2021 with Happy New Year Cookies
Hello, 2021! I’ve been looking forward to 2021 for a while now and I’m so glad it’s finally here because we have an excuse to make Happy New Year Cookies! I hope you’re ready!
(may contain affiliate links)
LilaLoa’s Square Plaque Cookie Cutter– or you can buy the entire set of Ann Clark Cookie Cutters 5-Piece Plaque and Frame Cookie Cutter Set with Recipe Booklet, Square Plaque, Oval Plaque, Photo Plaque, Long Fancy Plaque, and LilaLoa’s Square Plaque
- TMP Super GOLD
- Paintbrush- to splatter the Gold
- Rainbow Dust Professional Cake Decorators Food Pen Jet Black
- Roxy & Rich Edible Hybrid Sparkle Dust Pump
Welcome 2021 with Happy New Year Cookies Video:
Enjoy the video and once you airbrush your cookies, decorate them with royal icing. Outline or make some dots. Have fun with it and make the cookies your own.
- Once you’ve baked your cookies and made your royal icing, let’s get ready to decorate.
- Do you like one icing consistency or do you like to use two? Lately, I’ve been using an outline and a flood consistency and I’m really liking the results. Tomorrow it may change, but for now, it’s working for me. So begin by making your icing the consistency you like.
- My preferred consistencies are a thicker outline and a 15-Second Flood. You do what makes you happy.
- Place the icing in piping bags and let’s get ready to decorate.
- Begin by outlining your cookies and let them dry for a few minutes before you begin to flood them.
- Flood them with the 15-Second Consistency.
- Let the cookies dry completely in front of a fan so the icing will dry with a shine and so they’ll be ready for airbrushing.
Grab Your Stencils:
- I decided to splatter the white cookies with TMP GOLD to make them gold and silver. I forgot to take a picture of it, but it’s not hard. Sweet Sugarbelle has a great tutorial on how to do it here.
- After the speckle dries you’re ready to airbrush your cookies. There are a few things you should know about airbrushing. The first one is don’t let the stencil move while your airbrushing. Magnets or a Stencil Genie is a great way to help you hold it in place for a nice crisp stencil. If it moves the pattern while you’re spraying, the cookie will look blurry.
- The second thing you should know is if your stencil has separate sections like this Happ New Year stencil, you need to make sure the second part of it doesn’t show up on your cookie. You can use a different stencil to block that pattern so no spray will accidentally end up on the cookie.
- The third thing is you can use a silkscreen to hold the pattern in place so it won’t move at all while you airbrush. I haven’t used mine enough to tell you all about it yet, but so far so good. It really does hold the stencil down to prevent that blur. I’ll tell you more about it as I use it and learn more.
- Airbrush your cookie. I use The Cookie Countess airbrush colors and I love them. I used Tuxedo Black on these and I like the way they turned out. Keep in mind you can’t airbrush a thick layer onto your cookies because it will be blotchy and you won’t like the way it looks. If you want help with some airbrush tips The Cookie Countess has an Airbrush System User Guide that is full of great information. You should check it out.
- Let’s make the clock cookie next.
- Now for the disco ball.
- If you want to add some sparkle to your cookies you can spray Roxy & Rich Edible Hybrid Sparkle Dust Pump Super Pearl. It adds a nice shimmer.
- Now your cookies have your designs on them so what’s next?
- Normally I’d stop there, but for some odd reason, I wanted to outline the New Year Cookies with a food-safe pen to make the design pop a little more.
- Just grab your pen and trace the images you airbrush. Simple and lean looking.
Time to Add the Final Details:
This cutter has an entertaining shape, and I think it looks great when it’s outlined. Add a few swirls and dots and you’re all done.
I’m looking forward to 2021 and hope the world can become healthy and happy as we find a way to fight Covid-19. I pray you and your families are healthy and have amazing plans for 2021. I know in the big scheme of life cookies play a small role, but having cookie friends like you make life better. I’m looking forward to making cookies with you all this year!