St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Cookies with a Cute Little Shamrock Candy
It’s time for St. Patrick’s Day gnome cookies with a cute little shamrock candy on his hat. I love using royal icing transfers to decorate cookies because adding a fun shamrock royal icing transfer to a gnome’s hat is so much fun! Then, you can add a circle cookie as the nose and you will have yourself super cute gnome cookies.
(may contain affiliate links)
- Gnome Cookie Cutter from Target
- Circle Cookie Cutter for the nose
Royal Icing Colors:
St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Cookies with a Little Shamrock Video:
Enjoy the video!
Gnome cookies with a cute little shamrock candy:
- Begin by making your sugar cookie recipe.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you begin to decorate.
- Make your royal icing and mix your colors. I chose green for the hat, white for the beard, and ivory for the nose.
- Draw the pattern on your cookies with a food-safe marker.
- Then, outline the hat with the green royal icing.
- Next, outline the beard with the white royal icing.
Outline and Flood the Hat and Beard:
- Flood the beard with the white flood royal icing.
- Next, flood the hat with the green royal icing. I changed my mind as I was decorating the hat. It was going to have wrinkles on the hat, but I decided to flood all of it instead. I like the way it turned out because once you add the shamrock on the hat you wouldn’t really be able to see many details.
- Add a few white dots and your hat is almost done.
Time for the Beard:
- Pipe the flesh royal icing on the circle cookie.
- Next, pipe some lines on the gnome’s beard. I used a #2 PME decorating tip and it worked well.
- Remove some of the royal icing from where you’re going to place the nose.
Add the Nose:
- Place the nose on the beard and it should touch the bottom of the hat.
- Outline the hat and add the shamrock.
That’s it! I hope you like your gnome cookies with a cute little shamrock candy!
Did you have fun making your gnome cookie with a cute little shamrock? I loved adding a royal icing transfer we’ve made. It adds so much personality and it makes our cookies really cute!
I’m so glad I found this cutter at Target. It’s on clearance so if you want one you’d better look now. Can you think of any other cookies you can make with this cutter? I have a few ideas and hopefully, I can share them in the future!
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and are getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day!