How to Make Ballet Slipper Cookies with Video
I hope you have your dancing shoes on because we are about to dance on our tip toes with these cute little ballet slipper cookies. I know you’ve seen these before because Callye over at Sweet Sugar Belle created this design a long time ago and I’ve been in love since the first time I saw them. But you know what? Now you can make them just like she does with her new line of Sugarbelle Shape Shifter Cutters. In this wonderful box of goodies you will not only find the cookie cutter, you will also find the plastic template and her recipes. Is it Christmas yet because I feel like Santa Clause just brought me something amazing!
If you want to enter for a chance to win The Sugarbelle Shape Shifter Cookie Cutter Set you can. Follow the link and leave a comment letting us know which cutter from the set you want the most. You’d better hurry because the contest ends this Sunday! So go enter now and then come back and see how to make your very own dancing shoes! Go ahead. I’ll wait!
Supplies for Ballet Slipper Cookies:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
AmeriColor Icing Colors in Piping Bags with #2 Decorating Tips:
Pink-A tiny drop of Super Red
Yellow-Lemon Yellow with a touch of Gold
Green-Electric Green a touch of Lemon Yellow
Thick Green- Place a coupler in a piping bag and fit it with the #352 Leaf tip for the petals on the flower.
Sugarbelle Shape Shifter Set
- Begin by baking a batch of sugar cookie dough and cut out the shapes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you begin to decorate.
- Use the plastic template that is provided in the Shape Shifter Set and trace it onto the cookie with an edible food marker.
- Outline and flood the center of the ballet slippers with the white icing.
- Outline the outer edge of the slippers with the green icing and let it dry for several hours or overnight.
- Once the white royal icing has had time to dry use the plastic template and the food safe marker to draw the template onto the cookies.
- You want to make sure the icing is dry so you don’t polk a hole in it with the tip of the marker.
- With the green icing pipe over the pattern you drew to make the ribbons. Or is it elastic? Or is it elastic that is covered up with ribbons? Can you tell I’m not a ballerina?
- Flood the rest of the cookies green and let it dry for a few hours.
- Add a dot of pink icing for the flower on the tip of the ballet slipper. Guess what? The template Sugarbelle provided even has a hole so you know exactly where to place the flower. This set of cookie cutters couldn’t be more perfect.
- With the leaf tip pipe a leaf on each side of the flower.
- Add the detailed line to the rose. The icing should be a little on the thicker side so it will hold it’s shape.
Watch this Video to see How to Make Ballet Slipper Cookies:
I love Sugarbells Ballet Slipper Cookies and I’m so glad I finally got to make them!
If you were sitting around with nothing to do and were to think about Sweet Sugarbelle making cookie cutters, I bet you imagined the shapes she has in her Shape Shifter Set. She has a way of making cutters that change shapes so they can be used in so many different ways. The set has 20 cutter with 40 designs! The only way this set could be better is if Callye popped out when we opened the box. Will you work on that for us Callye?
Thanks Callye for loving the cookie community and helping us make cookies so we can dance on our tip toes!
PS-If you haven’t registered for your chance to win Sugarbelle’s cutters yet you need to head over to the Sugarbelle Shape Shifter Giveaway and do it now! If you don’t enter the contest (you really, really should enter) you can find the cutters at at Michael’s craft stores. Not all of the stores are carrying them but Callye made a master list of the stores where you can find them. Check it out on her Facebook Page.
So cute! I love these too! The colors are adorable.
What a wonderful video!!! I can’t wait to try this. I went to Michaels yesterday but my store doesn’t have them yet–I’ll keep trying. By the way, ballet shoes have elastic, toe shoes have ribbons (I have a granddaughter who dances).
Callye’s Shape Shifter Cutters are unstoppable!
Love the bright colors and the tiny roses……..too cute! These cookies are really adorable. 🙂