How to Make a Cute Black Cat Photo Prop From The Dollar Tree
I’m a little late for Halloween, but I will share these cute black cat photo props from The Dollar Tree because it’s never too late for Halloween. If you need cute props for your cookie photos you should check out the wooden cutouts at The Dollar Tree. They have cute wooden shapes you can paint and use in your sugar cookie photos. I picked these black cats because they’re super simple. There’s a tip at the bottom that helps protect your cats so you can use them over and over again so you should totally check out.
They also have wooden Thanksgiving and Christmas cutouts. I can’t wait to go shopping and grab some so I can paint and make a few more holiday props. Are ya with me?
(may contain affiliate links)
8 Wooden Cats from The Dollar Tree for only $1.25 (It’s not a dollar anymore, but you get 8 for $1.25 and I think it’s totally worth it.)
Acrylic Black Paint
Sandpaper or a piece of parchment paper
Krylon Matte Spray Paint
How to Make a Cute Black Cat Photo Prop From The Dollar Tree Video:
Enjoy the video!
- Grab all your little wooden cats.
- Cover your work surface so things don’t get messy. I used parchment paper to cover my table and it worked well.
- Paint an even layer on your cats. I like to paint the front and back so I can use them either way in the future. If you’re looking for a cute cat cookie to make you should check out my Scard E Cat Cookies.
- Let them dry completely.
Sandpaper or parchment paper? You decide.
- Once your cats are painted the surface won’t feel smooth. Don’t worry. You can use a piece of fine sandpaper or a piece of parchment paper to smooth the surface. I used parchment and it was as smooth as silk. Well, maybe not silk, but it was very smooth.
- After it’s sanded add a second coat of black paint so it will look nice and black when we’re done.
- Let it dry.
- Spray a layer of Krylon Matte Spray on one side at a time to seal it. Once it’s sealed it’s protected from icing or something you might spill or drop on your cute little cat. If you do drop something on it you’ll be able to wipe it off without messing up the paint. Also, if you don’t have Krylon spray you can use another name brand. I recommend you use matte spray instead of gloss so there isn’t a shine in your photos.
- Flip the cat over and spray the other side.
Grab a frame and take some pictures:
Guess what? You’re done! This cute black cat photo prop is ready for his photo shoot. He will be ready to use for years to come. You can also use them in different ways so get creative and let us know what you’re going to do with them.
Don’t forget to go to The Dollar Tree to see all the little wooden holiday cutouts you can use to help make your cookie photos pop! I think I need a leaf, a Merry Christmas sign, and a tree. Let’s see what we can find.