How to Make Cute Bunny Cupcakes
Easter is on its way! Doesn’t that sound exciting? No more hanging out in the house looking for fun things to do because now we can go outside and watch cute little bunnies hop around the yard. Who knows, they may even inspire us to make some cute bunny cupcakes.
I know you’ve probably seen bunny rabbits like these all over the internet and I thought it was time for me to make a few of my own. Why didn’t I know about these when my kids were little? I can only imagine how much fun we would have had making them when they were small.
Supplies you need to Make Cute Bunny Cupcakes:
(may contain affiliate links)
- American Buttercream Frosting Recipe or Crusting Buttercream Recipe or your favorite recipe
- Pink Sprinkles
- Decorating Bag
- Large Round Decorating tip- Wilton #1A
- Bag Ties
- 4mm Edible Pearl Dragees
- Pink Jelly Beans
Cute Bunny Cupcakes Video:
Here’s a video I’ve made for you. Hope you enjoy it!
- Begin by making a batch of your favorite cupcakes.
- While they cool, make a few bunny years by cutting the marshmallows in half diagonally with a sharp pair of scissors.
- As soon as they are cut, dip the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sprinkles. The freshly cut marshmallows will act like glue and hold the sprinkles in place.
- Make the frosting of your choice and place it into a decorating bag fitted with a large round decorating tip.
- Frost the cupcake.
- Dip the cupcake into the shredded coconut.
- Make sure you cover all of the frostings so your bunny doesn’t have any bald spots.
- Next, add the marshmallow ears. You may need to move some of the coconut shavings out of the way so the marshmallows will stick to the cupcake.
- Add the nose.
- Add the eyes.
Step back and look how cute your little rabbits are!
If your kids still live at home you need to plan some time to make a few Easter cupcakes. Spending some time in the kitchen with them is a great way to start a holiday and make some memories. And teach them some skills they can do with their kiddos later in life.
We need to do these for the kids at church. And my grandchildren too. Let me know when they are ready! LOL!!
These cupcakes looks so cute. The technique is co simple and easy to make, Thanks for sharing.
Lisa I’m so happy that you shared these! I hadn’t thought about doing it this way. My sister loves this kind of treats. her birthday is around the weekend . will definitely make these. What a fabulous treat idea.
thank you for sharing.