Cute Gnome Cookies Made with a Unicorn Horn Cookie Cutter
Do you have a unicorn cookie cutter? Have you ever made gnome cookies? Do you want cute gnome cookies made with a unicorn horn cookie cutter? I know that’s a question you’ve probably had never been asked before and you’ll probably never be asked that question again, but I hope you say yes today.
Aren’t these guys cute? You can make them with any color beard and hat you want and use them for birthday party cookies, Christmas cookies, St. Patrick’s Day cookies, or just for everyday fun cookies.
Supplies for Gnome Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
- Unicorn Cookie Cutter- Country Kitchen Sweetart or The Flour Box Unicorn Cookie Cutter
- Circle cookie cutter for the nose.
Royal Icing Colors:
If you want to use a 15-20 Second Consistency for your gnomes go for it. However, you need thick orange (or whatever color you make his beard) for the lines on his beard.
- Flesh-Americolor Ivory– 15- Second Consistency
- Green- The Cookie Countess Forrest Green– outline and flood consistency.
- Orange- The Cookie Countess Outrageously Orange– outline and flood consistency.
- White- Americolor Bright White– 15- Second Consistency
- Americolor Ivory for the nose- 15 Second Consistency
- Tipless decorating bags
- Optional- PME #2 Decorating Tips
- Turkey Lacer
- Food-safe marker
- 3 Medium Four Leaf Clover Royal Icing Transfer
- Fan to dry your cookies so they will have a nice shine.
Cute Gnome Cookies Made with a Unicorn Horn Cookie Cutter Video:
Enjoy the video!
Unicorn Horn Cookies are now Gnome Cookies!
- Bake your cookies and let them cool completely.
- Use a food-safe marker to draw the lines for the hat.
Outline and Flood:
- Outline the sections of the hat with the green icing.
- Then, flood those sections.
What Color Beard Do You Want to Make?
- Outline and flood the beard with the orange royal icing.
- Let the orange crust over before you start piping the lines.
- I piped a nose before I added the lines for the beard. I’m not sure why I did that and it did mess with the shape of my final nose. I should have made an outline and then flooded it after I added the lines. Or if you keep reading you’ll see another way to make the nose.
Finish the Hat:
- It’s time to outline and flood the white part of the hat.
- Use a turkey lacer to smooth it into the green sections.
Do You Like the White Beard?
- I like this little guy with the white beard and it makes me want to make him a red hat for a cute little Christmas gnome. Or make a blue hat or any color of hat you want. Add a few balloons for a birthday set.
- You can place a cute little shamrock on the top of his hat to add a fun little detail if you want.
Finished Little Unicorn Horn Gnome Cookies:
I hope you like these unicorn horn gnome cookies. I really like using cutters to make things that they aren’t intended for and these are a great example of that. What kind of cookie-cutter do you want to transform into a gnome? I’d love you to leave a comment and let us know!