Deer Cookies for The 2016 Advent Calendar
I can’t tell you how much fun I’ve had looking for the perfect cookie cutter so I could make cookies for the 2016 Advent Calendar. As I looked for a cutter I changed my mind 10 times and baked about 6 different cookies, but none of them felt right. One Sunday after church it hit me. I needed to do something very simple because Christmas needs to be fun with our focus on family.
So here are my Simple Advent Calendar Deer Cookies to share this Christmas. It reminds me to slow down and enjoy the holidays. Hustle and bustle are good but we need to focus on family and enjoy each other’s company.
When I was asked to participate in this year’s Advent Calendar I was thrilled because of the many talented sugar artists working hard to share some Christmas cheer. I love seeing the amazing sugar creations everyone has made to make the holidays full of beautiful sugar creations. It’s an honor to participate!
Simple Advent Deer Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors:
- Red and White
- Decorating Bags or Bottles
- #2 Decorating Tips
- Bag Tie
- White and Red Sugar Pearls for the Nose
- Begin by baking the cookies and letting them cool completely.
- Outline the deer cookies with the red royal icing.
- Let the deer cookies dry for about 10 minutes.
- Flood the deer cookies with the red royal icing.
- Add a white sugar pearl for the nose while the icing is wet.
- Continue to flood the deer and use a turkey lacer or a toothpick to pop any air bubbles.
- Let the cookies dry completely.
Simple Advent Calendar Deer Cookies are exactly what I wanted to make. When making things for the holidays you don’t have to make complicated designs. All you need is a simple design to allow yourself enough time to decorate. There is enough hustle and bustle during Christmas but making cookies and treats for your family doesn’t have to be crazy. Simple is just what Santa ordered!
Be sure to check out all of the 2016 Advent Calendar sugar creations. So much eye candy and I know you are going to enjoy it all! I know I am!