How to Make Fun Baseball Cookies
Have you ever been to a baseball game? Watching baseball games in the hot sun with your friends is a great way to spend a summer day. But you what? You don’t have to sit in the hot sun to enjoy the day. You can always make fun baseball cookies in the cool comfort of your own kitchen.
Take me out to the ball game or take me out to the kitchen so we can enjoy fun baseball cookies! Let’s get started.
Supplies for How to Make Fun Baseball Cookies
(may contain affiliate links)
- Circle Cookie Cutter
Royal Icing Colors:
- Airbrush System- Cookie Countess Airbrush System or the ADC Airbrush System
- Tulip Red Airbrush Color
- Brown Airbrush Color
- Baseball Stencil
- Geni Stencil Holder-Optional
- Turkey Lacer
- Decorating bags, decorating bottles, or tipless piping bags. Truly Mad Plastics and Flour Box Bakery tipless are my favorites.
Are you ready for a little baseball fun?
- Start by baking your cookie dough and making your royal icing. In the supply list under the recipes, you will see there is a half batch of royal icing and a full batch of royal icing. If you’re only making a few cookies you might want to try the half batch.
- Cut out the circle cookies. You may be wondering what size cookies to use and that’s a good question. The larger cookie in my photo is three inches and the small one is one and a half inches. The good thing about this stencil is you can use different-sized cookies. Just make sure the stencil will fit over the cookie before you bake them.
- Cut out the cookies and bake them. Let them cool completely before you begin to decorate.
- Outline the cookies with the white royal icing and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Flood the cookies with the white royal icing and let them dry overnight.
- Place the stencil in the Stencil Geni and lay it over your cookie.
- Spray a light layer of Tulip Red on the baseball cookie.
- It’s best to spray a couple of layers until you get the color you want. Be careful and don’t move the Stencil Geni or your pattern will look blurry.
- I love that red!
- Carefully lift off the stencil and look at the amazing baseball. Wait, it’s too clean, but we can fix that.
- Spray the edges of the cookies with the brown airbrush color. You can watch the video below to see it in action.
How to Make Fun Baseball Cookies Video:
If you need a cookie for a birthday party, Father’s Day or just to let a baseball lover know you’re thinking of them, this is a quick simple cookie to make. One icing color and two airbrush colors and you can have some fun baseball cookies.
Sometimes making the cookie look a little dirty makes them look more realistic. This is a perfect example of that. I like fun baseball cookies that look like they have been played with and have won the game. With that said, fun baseball cookies don’t need real dirt on them so the airbrush works perfectly. Food-safe and delish!