Happy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies Are An All Time Fall Favorite
Don’t you just love fall? Everywhere you look you see colorful leaves and pumpkins. If you look on the internet and social media you can see happy pumpkin sugar cookies and it makes my heart skip a beat. They’re gorgeous and I try to make a few batches every year.
This year I’ve done something a little different and I hope you’ll join me and make a few for yourself, friends and family. It’s not too late! You can airbrush them or use good old royal icing to make a few fun happy pumpkin sugar cookies for your Thanksgiving guests. I promise there is still time.
(may contain affiliate links)
- Any pumpkin cookie cutter you have will make adorable little pumpkins. We aren’t picky. You can use an apple cookie cutter because there’s a simple trick that will make the apple cookie look like a pumpkin cookie.
Royal Icing Colors:
- Any color you want to make. I love The Cookie Countess food-gel colors and Americolor food-gel. Use what you want.
- Totally Brown -The Cookie Countess
- The Cookie Countess Airbrush System or her New Cookie Countess Royale Max Airbrush System (These pumpkin cookies are the first cookies I’ve used with this airbrush system and I love it! I can’t wait to use it again.) Now the Cookie Countess Airbrush System I’ve been using for years is still a favorite and I’ll keep using it as well. It’s my cute little pumpkin airbrush system! I guess I’m trying to say if you’re looking for an airbrush machine for your cakes and cookies go to The Cookie Countess and check out her supplies.
- Match the edible airbrush food colors to the royal icing colors, you used to decorate the cookies. Simple!
- Microplane Gourmet Series Chocolate Grater or this Lemon Zester Cheese Grater– This is the trick I mentioned under the cookie cutter list above. We’re going to shave off the bottom of the pumpkins and/or apple cookies to make a cute little flat bottoms. I think they’re adorable!
- Tipless Piping Bags
- Turkey Lacer to smooth out the icing.
Happy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies Are An All-Time Fall Favorite Video:
Enjoy the video!
Let’s sand the bottom of the pumpkin cookies.
- Grab your Microplane Gourmet Series Grater and your pumpkin or apple-shaped cookie. Are you ready to make your Happy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies? I hope so because we’ve got this!
- Slowly rub the bottom of the cookie on the grater to make the bottom nice and flat. This helps all your pumpkin cookies look kind of the same and will make a really cute platter. Once you get them all done you’ll be ready to decorate.
Time to decorate your happy pumpkin sugar cookies.
- Mix your royal icing colors.
- Outline your cookies with your royal icing. I decided to leave a little space in between the pumpkin sections because I wanted to add some airbrush color for depth. It’s simple to do and it looks really good when the cookies are complete. Stick with me and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
- Flood each area and use a turkey lacer to smooth out the royal icing and to pop any airbubbles.
- Use the brown royal icing to make the stem on the pumpkin.
- Let the icing dry for at least twenty minutes before you airbrush because it’s easier when the royal icing forms a crust on top. If not, the airbrush system can blow the icing all over the place. No! I haven’t done this before! LOL
- Add a little airbrush color to the fluid cup and begin spraying the edges of the pumpkin cookies. Watch the video to see it in action.
- Don’t forget to spray the stem of the pumpkins. I used The Cookie Countess – “Totally Brown” edible airbrush color and I love it.
That’s all you have to do to make these happy pumpkin sugar cookies. So stop stressing and start baking because you have time to make them so you can share them with your family and friends. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I’ll be back with more happy little cookies soon!
Thank you for sharing. It’s a very neat and beautiful pumpkin…..
terimakasih infonye keren bet