Lobster Cookie-Simple Seafood Cookies
Every time I go to the beach, I try to buy a lobster trap. My husband and I always get into a discussion about having enough room to bring the trap home. He always suggests that I make lobster cookies instead. I try to explain to him that the lobster trap will be used as a prop for the lobster cookie photo. Well, the discussion has never been resolved until now. I give up! I will never have a cool wooden lobster trap but, I do have lobster cookies.
They are not as cute as the real things but, I like them. Want to make some? They are so easy!
Supplies for Lobster Cookie:
(may contain affiliate links)
- First, outline the lobster with the red icing.
- Next, flood every other section and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Then, flood the other sections. As you can see, I had an extra section to flood so I had to let this dry for another 20 minutes.
- Next, flood the last section.
Now let the fun begin! Time for the airbrushing. For basic airbrush instructions, click here. I recommend you set up an airbrush station like I did here. It will keep your airbrush spay in a controlled area and make your clean up much easier.
Once you have assembled your airbrush gun, add a drop or two of black color and set your machine to low. You might want to practice on your parchment paper first or if you feel brave start on your lobster.
Hold the airbrush gun about an inch and half away from the area you want to spray. Keep in mind, the farther the gun is away from the cookie, the bigger the area it will spray. Gently pull the trigger toward you with your index finger. The amount of color that will come out of the gun depends on how hard you pull the trigger. I used very little pressure so the color.
When you are comfortable, spray the lines in your lobster-like I did in the picture below. It is fast and gives your lobster a lot of character with little effort.
- Add 2 black dots for the eyes and you are all done!
- Well Alan, since you didn’t get me the lobster trap, can you guess what I want this year…
- I want these!!! Sorry honey, the lobster trap was smaller so you should have gave in:) Love ya!!!
By the way, Nurse Susan is one of our camp nurses and she gave me the best recipe for Lemon Cookies. I have shared it today on Lil’ Luna’s blog. Every time I make these, they vanish within a few minutes. If you want the recipe, click here.