Mother’s Day Gifts and a Giveaway!
I grew up around women who cooked and baked so when it comes to Mother’s Day gifts, it is a piece of cake! Well, something to make cake with is more like it. I though I would share some of my favorite baking and kitchen things with you in case you want to shopping early. I have also added a few others things I love. Mother’s Day is on May 12th this year. I know because it is also my birthday. Yeah!!
If your mom decorates cakes or wants to learn, these are a few things she might enjoy.
1. A one year membership to My Cake School Membership. My kids got this for me last year and I have asked them to renew it for me this year. I love this gift and it lasts for an entire YEAR for only $30!!
2. I bought myself a Fat Daddio’s Professional Cake Decorating Turntable to go along with the classes they got me. This thing is a monster! It weights almost 20 lbs and I seriously think I could use it as a sit and spin. Very durable for any size cake you want to make. I feel like a professional baker when I use it.
3. A set of offset spatulas is a must have for any baker. You don’t have to be a professional baker to use one of these babies. I even use them for spreading out pizza sauce on my homemade pizzas.
4. Beautiful Cake Stands are everywhere these days. They are great for cakes or you can use them as a decoration by sitting them on a shelf in your kitchen. I have some and I want so many more!
5. I don’t think anyone can ever have to many half sheet baking pans.
6. I want a Ateco 19-Inch Maple Wood Rolling Pin because it can roll a larger area than a regular rolling pin. Sometimes I roll my dough to wide and it gets a weird line in it from the rolling pin spacers I use. This one is the same thickness from one end to the next. *Sigh* someday.
7. This is one of the handiest little tools I own. It is a Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper and you can do anything from scooping up the onions you just chopped to using it to smooth icing on a cake. It is spectacular!!
8. I don’t think I could make an even cookies without these Casabella Silicone Rolling Pin Spacer Bands. I don’t have to worry about thickness. I just roll and they are even every time.
9. I don’t have a set of these KitchenAid Red Mixing Bowls but, I did get a set for my daughter-in-law and they are wonderful. The bottom has a no slip grip thing and they are super sturdy. Maybe she will let me borrow hers for a while. 😉
10. I have 3 Silpats. I didn’t think I would like them as much as I do. They are nonstick baking sheets are made of woven glass coated with food-standard silicone. I bake all kinds of things on these bad boys! They can be stored flat or you can roll them up.
11. I have a red KitchenAid Mixer that I named Arnold. He is amazing and will beat up anything that comes his way. I LOVE HIM!!
12. Another great gift idea for a baker is this 8″ Impulse Sealer – Cellophane Bag sealer. You can use it for cookies, cake pops, any small treat. It makes them look professional and keeps them fresh.
13. My Digital Kitchen Food Scale is my right hand when baking. I use it measure flour, powdered sugar, butter and so much more. Using a food scale really helped me master Royal Icing. I don’t want to bake without it.
14. I don’t use my KopyKake Projector everyday but, when I need her (her name is Dawn) she is there and ready to help with the many logo cookies that need to look uniform. I made these cookies with her.
15. I jumped on the Half Height Bun Pan Rack (10 Pan Capacity) band wagon last summer and I am so glad I did. It is so easy to find my kitchen table these days. Everything sits nicely in the rack and you can roll it out of the way if company comes over.
Things I love:
Every mom wants great pictures of their kids and grand kids. Help mom make some memories the family can share for years.
16. Chase and Anne got me a Grypton Tripod 2 years ago for Christmas. I will admit, I didn’t know what it was when I opened it but, it is great for taking pictures of my hand while decorating. It really is great for blogging. I use it for pictures like this and this video.
17. *DROOL* I want the Missy Mint Camera Purse. It is beautiful! I go to the website once a week and drool over this bag. HINT, HINT Alan. My birthday is on Mother’s Day this year 😉 I hope you all don’t mind the subtle nudge I just gave my dear hubby. I am glad he reads my blog! Hahah
18. I got a Canon T3I camera last year for blogging. I really wish I would have invested in a good camera when my kids were small. I could have captured many amazing moments and I am so sad I missed them. This camera is easy to use and takes amazing photos. It is a little more difficult than an point and shoot but, mom will get the hang of it soon.
19. White Balance Grey Card Set is one of the best purchase I have made. If I want a picture and am not sure about the lighting, this card will figure it out for you. Look at this tutorial and see how easy it is to use.
20. When I got my new camera, I was a bit overwhelmed but, Shoot Fly Shoot Photography Lesons helped me in a simple way that I could understand. Josh and Kevin are amazing and they have several videos you can access anytime and watch over and over again. They have just added a few new classes and I can’t wait to sign up. I also took the Photoshop Elements Class for editing the photos once I took them. I am so happy with what I learned!
21. I bought this Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard AutoFocus Lens after I took the Shoot Fly Shoot classes. Josh and Kevin recommended it and I am SO GLAD I got it. It is amazing for bokeh (the blur) shots. The pictures I have taken with this lens are the ones I get the most compliments on. The only reason I don’t use it for all my picture is because there isn’t a zoom. You have to move yourself closer or farther away from the subject.
You can never go wrong with a gift card as a gift. The Cookie Cutter Company has very reasonably priced cookie cutters. All standard size cutters are a dollar! I could do some crazy shopping with prices like that!
Baker’s Stock Discount for Bearfoot Baker Readers:
Bakers Stock has a new line of Bakers Twine. They are extending a SUPER DUPER TWINE deal to your just for reading my blog! You can use coupon code BEARTWINE50 for 50% off the beautiful colors of twine they sell. Get yours for $6 a spool. That is an awesome deal and it will last until the end of April. I would love a box of these for Mother’s Day.
They are also adding new solid colors of twine soon. I am so excited about this deal!!
Karenscookies.com has thousands of things mom can chose from. She can get anything from PME Tips to an airbrush system and so much more!!
Speaking of Karen’s Cookies, Karen has donated an Airbrush System with a set of Airbrush Colors to one lucky Bearfoot Baker Reader. All you have to do is enter the Rafflecopter give a way. Winner will be announced here on April 30th. Karen has also agreed to mail they prize to the winner in time for Mother’s Day. What an awesome gift!!
Congrats to Aarika Crowther Brinker for winning The Mother’s Day Giveaway!!!!!
That is my picks for this Mother’s Day. There are some great ideas, an awesome twine deal and a chance to win an airbrush system and a set of colors!! Hope you give your mom something she will love for Mother’s Day like spending time with her. Because really, time is the greatest gift us mom’s want.
Love all the Mother’s Day ideas!
Great list! And just in time… Never mind Mothers Day, my birthday is around the corner! 🙂 P.S. I love how you name your kitchen gadgets!
Love all these ideas! It will be hard to choose which one to get my mom for Mother’s Day:)
Great Mother’s Day ideas for a baking mom! I know my mom would love some of these items. Thanks for sharing!
Great gift ideas and what a great giveaway!
Now, I have to quickly rustle up some children who will buy me gifts!
I shall leave my browser open to this page in hopes that the dear hubby gets some inspiration!!!! Ah, heck…I will just forward him the link 🙂 You have been an important go-to person in my cookie journey (even though you may not know it). Big Thanks!
i would love any gift from that list. ill put the list on the fridge as a reference for the men in my life 🙂
So cool! I was just looking at air brush systems. I would love to win.
Very nice gift ideas and how generous of Karen’s to gift away a Kopykake!
Nice ideas!!! What a great giveaway!
Oh, man. I must really want a Kopykake (that I have no room for). I meant it is really generous of Karen’s to giveaway an airbrush system (which I *do* have room for)!
I just love all of your gift ideas! However, my mother in law prefers it when someone else bakes the cookies/cakes for her. So maybe I will need something from your list to do that ;).
Awesome gift ideas but I’d love to get my mother a day at a spa or some kind of peaceful relaxing time to herself.
My mom has been gone for a long time, but for my girls (mothers of my grandchildren:)), I would like to get something related to photographs of their children.
I want to get my mother a Kitchen Aid blender, so that she can learn the joy of baking. She doesn’t like to bake 🙁
I love all your gift suggestions as I have about half of them. Naturally, I want the other half! 🙂 The Cake School idea is especially great! Thanks Lisa 🙂
I’m forwarding this blog post to my husband, the father of my children, right now with a big *AHEM* *wink* *wink*…think he will get the hint?
I would love an airbrush system for mothers day!
These are very great ideas! I want to get my mother-in-law the red mixing bowl set. I think she will love them!
My Mom doesn’t bake anymore but I sure do. Think I need to send this link to hubby 🙂
Love your offers. Thanks Inez
I would gladly take any of these!
Next month I am having a link party about Mother’s Day; I hope you can come link up!
WOW! This post had me “oooooo”-ing and “ahhhhhh”-ing for the last ten minutes! My mother would love ANY of these wonderful things! Great taste!
I’ve been toying with the idea of an airbrush system and I really like all the other ideas as well… too bad I’m not a mom. 🙁
My mother usually likes going to a special restaurant. She would rather go out and do something as a family then get a present.
I usually just send some flowers and a card to my mom. This year, I am sending a bog box of goodies 🙂
Sadly my mom passed away recently but I am getting a butterfly tattoo in her honor and hoping to do it before mother’s Day!!!!
Flowers for her gravesite.
my moms pretty hard to buy for so ill probably get her flowers
Great ideas for Mother day gifts! My mom was the one that got me into baking, she had a stroke May 12, 2012 so next month would be one year exactly since her stroke. I’d love to surprise her with something to help her improve and keep motivated. Thanks for the giveaway! 🙂
I would love to get my mom a mini-vacation! she works too hard
I love all your ideas
we will meet the 5 sons and grandson in my mother’s house and take you shopping
Your gift ideas are awesome! I want all of it!! 🙂
Holy cow! What a list! I would love to get my mother the travel bag she wants for her trip!
Love them all. Don’t know what to choose.
These are all great ideas. I’ll have to pass them along.
What I wouldn’t give to have so many of those items!!! But I’ll settle for the airbrush and paints. What a wonderful giveaway, thanks!
I’d love to give my Mom a set of Mothers Day cookies decorated in her favorite colors.
My mom and I have a terrible relationship so she’ll be lucky if she gets a card. 🙁
I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a cellophane sealer, and now I want one!
You can borrow my mixing bowls, but you have to bake me things in exchange! Love all the items you listed! And you, but that’s a given.
My mom is pretty tough to buy for, so taking her out to dinner or flowers or something is probably what I will do.
What an awesome list of gift ideas! And a great giveaway too! I would love to have an airbrush – Thank you for the opportunity!
I have a rocky relationship with my mom so she’ll probably get just a phone call from me!
I love to listen to what is talking and about and get her something that she mentions in passing. It is always a surprise to her!
My Mum is my biggest cookie fan. I will be making her another set of cookies just for her this Mother’s Day.
These are all great ideas! I admit it, I want the airbrush system for myself ! 🙂
It’s a draw…my mom would probably love to go to brunch and then on a shopping spree at her favorite quilting/fabric store followed by another spree at her favorite knitting/yarn store and then we’d wrap the day up with a gift card for ebooks/apps for her kindle.
Terrific list of ideas….though better suited to me than my mother. I should show it to my husband and kids! 🙂 Great giveaway too.
I am planning to get my stepmom a place setting of Fiesta Dinnerware. I haven’t decided what I am getting my mom, so your blog post definitely helps! Thanks!
I’m so tired that I first thought everything on this page was part of the giveaway. I thought “wow, that’s a huge prize package!” I never win anything but I have fun entering. Good luck to everyone!!
Been wanting an Airbrush System for months, Thanks for this giveaway! As far as mothers day goes I always take mom shopping for flowers for her garden, she has a green thumb.
Thanks for sharing all this, Lisa…..some of these items I didn’t even know about….much less know how badly I NEED them! lol…I’m a push-over for a good sales presentation! Hope you get your beautiful camera case!!! Blessings, Donna B.
My mom will be moving into a new home in a few weeks, so I will get her something to decorate her house for Mother’s Day.
Pick me Pick Me! Wonderful mother’s day ideas – may just send out a mass e-mail to my family… 🙂
Think my mom would love a trip to the spa.
My Mother doesn’t like it when I “waste” money on gifts SO I usually get her a card, but a really funny card that she always says, “where the heck do you find these?!”
Great post! I always love to see what the best cookie bloggers around consider their essential tools.
Mom knows money is tight so she doesn’t want us spending much on her…so I’m thinking a fancy homemade cake or some homemade decorated cookies. I would LOVE an airbrush system! Great giveaway!
I already got it! I was with her when she admired this beautiful bath towel. It was huge and soft and had the most beautiful mehndi design. So I went back and got it for her. She is SO hard to buy for so I was thrilled to have an idea early this year!
I am not sure what I am getting my mom yet, but I know I would love anything you mentioned. I will have to send a link to my husband.
What a great list of gift ideas! What else would I give … Cookies 🙂
My mom is so hard to shop for so I usually make her a gift basket with food and/or wine. I’ve also done a basket with a good book, pajamas, a candle, a book light and some lavender oil. I’m stumped again this year!
I am giving my mom azaleas and, of course, planting them for her!
Every year I make my mom an entire elaborate meal…it more-or-less is the same menu, but I add a new dessert each time.
My mom has a gorgeous backyard and every year I get her two big and beautiful hanging flower baskets for her to enjoy all summer long.
Awesome giveaway! What a winner – getting to read your blog and be in the running for a cool prize. All I want for my mom is to maintain her health so she can enjoy life and be ready to welcome my daughter’s baby boy this August. (First grandchild for me and third great-grandson for her.) Happy Mother’s Day to you, too!
My mom loves jewelry. I saw a new necklace attachment I think she’d like!
I made my mom a Shutterfly photo book full of pictures of her new and first grand daughter. As a new mom myself, I would love the airbrush on this give away. I am dying to have it!!!
I made a copy of these suggestions and handed them to my husband and teens. I’m hoping for an airbrush or Kopycake projector. Thanks for the easy list. I just copied and circled my faves.
Would love to win, Great list of gift ideas for the cookier!
I’ve always wanted to use an airbrush, would love to win and try it out.
I would love to get her a kitchen aid….if i win i will give to her….
thanks for an opportunity to win!
Thank you Lisa for letting me know about this giveaway! I hope I win the airbrush system! That would be fabulous! Also, great ideas and hints to the hubby. I will be reposting this and tagging him on it on FB 😉
I will probably make my mom cookies, unless I get her another cheese platter gift like a few years ago 🙂
My mom passed away almost two years ago. This Mother’s Day is going to be rough, because my birthday is on the 11th and Mother’s Day is the next day.
I would get her a necklace.
When I had my mom, I used to try to get her something so she’d have to DO for herself – like a gift card. Because like so many moms, she never took the time/money to do something for herself JUST BECAUSE. So a GC for shopping or pampering, etc., was good for her.
That’s such a great list! I would love to get my mom any of those! Haha.
My mom adores jewelry so I always try to find her a rare antique piece…especially broaches! She loves them!
My mom has been a nurturer and caretaker all her life. Even now, at the age of 80, she still works 40 hours a week taking care of mentally handicapped adults-a job she has held for over 30 years and won’t dream of giving up. She loves to cook and bake so I know she would love anything to do with those hobbies, but if I won the lottery I would take her on a trip to Glascow, Scotland-the place where her mom grew up and left at the age of 19 to come to this country and start a new life. I would look up some of her relatives so we can get to know our family there. I know realistically it won’t ever happen, but it’s the one dream I will never give up on until she leaves this earth. There isn’t a person alive who deserves it more than my mom.
I should add, in the meantime I go and spend the weekend with her and clean out her gardens and pretty them up for the summer. This is a tradition I started years ago. It started as a gift to her, but it’s now a Mother’s Day gift to myself as well-spending time precious with my mom doing something we both enjoy. <3
I am stoked about this giveaway!! 🙂
I would probably like to get my mom a custom phone case as her phone is in desperate need of a new one.. It would of course be a picture of her & my son as he is her world.
All I know about baking I learned from my mom. I would love any prize since baking is the easier way for me to remember my mom
I would live many if these things!!!!
My mom loves my cookies, so I’ll tive her a big cookie jar !!!!
My mom live out of the country, every year I call her and I send mother’s day card ..I miss my mom..
I’m a Mom and every year for Mother’s Day , my daughter and I we made cookies and craft and we give gifts for teachers at school and for this reason I love all the ideas for Mother’s Day like every Mom.
Thank you for this chance! =)
Great list! I wish I had all these amazing gadgets and goodies! For Mother’s Day, my mom would love that red kitchen aid mixer! Hers is getting old and one of those would look amazing in her kitchen!
Love this list! Need to leave it out for my kids to see!
I would LOVE an air brush for Mother’s Day!!
My mom has been gone a long time now. I usually give my daughters’ Mothers Day gifts. Lots of neat ideas on your list. Thank you for having a give away–Katy
You have compiled a fabulous list, thank you so much for giving us a place to send our loved ones for gift ideas 🙂
Great ideas!! Thanks for the giveaway.
My Mother passed away when I was nine and for years I was jealous of those who could buy or make gifts for their Mothers. I was about 13 when the idea of making gifts and doing favors for other people’s Moms – in my Mother’s memory – came to me.
I’ve cleaned; created; cooked; baked; sewn; and hung pictures as gifts for the Mothers I shared with my friends. Most of them are gone now, too, but I gave happiness where I could and felt a special connection to them on that special day. My tradition lives on via the lessons I teach to my nieces and nephews and it makes a difference knowing those Moms are loved and appreciated by so many of their ‘kids’.
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone!
I can not be around my mom this year 🙁 but i miss her. I usually craft her something
What great ideas! I need to get me some kids so I can get all this cool swag! 🙂
Wish I could be with my 90 year old mom this Mother’s Day! If I could give her anything it would be for us to be together with my family!
I love all of the above! Although my mom doesn’t bake, I think my kids mom would love any and all of them 😉
I love all the great gift ideas!
Nice ideas, now it’s time to make hints for the hubby. Great giveaway!
We live thousands of miles from my mom and we don’t see her that often. It would be a wonderful Mother’s Day gift for her to see her grand daughters.
I wish I could give one of these to my mother, stepmother, and mother-in-law but they are in heaven now (all of them had cancer), so I could just give them flowers instead and offer them my prayers. Missing these great moms!
What a great list of Mother’s Day/Birthday Gifts!! Happy Birthday to you! I have some of these goodies, but would like so many more! The airbrush system is on my wish list so goodie for me!
Wow, what a great giveaway. The airbrush would be amazing!!
I would love to gat an airbrush to play with! A great grown up toy!! Lol. Thanks so much!!
What an awesome and generous prize pack! I would LOVE to have this (I might share with my mom)! Thank you!
Love your article. On my wish list is the 10 capacity rack and the KopyKake Projector….and the beautiful cake stands. There are so many wonderful things in baking. Happy Mother’s Day to all.
I love my Mom, she is the reason I love to cook and decorate cakes. We would always decorate our own cakes for our birthdays and have so much fun. For Mother’s day I would love to make her chocolate cake with beautiful gum paste roses to show her how special she is to me!
My mom is now 83 years old, so blessed to have her this long. She’s not hard to buy for she loves everything.
She’s never had a lot of things in her life. So everything is special to her. My favorite thing these days is to spend
as much time with her as I can-maybe take her for a day of shopping and out to eat.
My mom never likes anything that I buy her for holidays or occasions. She either thinks I spend too much money or its something she really doesn’t need or want. 🙁
So this year for Mother’s Day I’ve decided I will let the kids make her presents!! She always seems to appreciate anything the kids make for her much more than anything that I could ever buy!!
Happy Mother’s Day!! 🙂
I’d love to be able to fly my mom out for a visit for Mother’s Day.
I would love an Airbrush system, that would be nice to use to decorate cookies, or a new RED Kitchen aid mixer, or another year of Mycakeschool, which needs to be renewed close to Mothers day. To be with my Kids and have a Beautiful day with them, without them I wouldn’t be a MOM. 🙂
My mom doesn’t have time to cook and my mother-in-law isn’t physically able to stand to bake a whole lot, so I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an airbrush machine to make them a beautiful set of cookies….maybe something with beautiful flowers to gift them on Mother’s day! 😉
would luv to give my mom a brand new kitchenaid mixer! (and my kiddies could g et me that airbrush system)
I would love a mixer to bake with.
I love the list. I think maybe I can adopt you so that I can be your mom? 😉
My mom is not really the baking kind but she really needs a stand mixer. How we ever made it without I’ll never know. Lover your site and hopfully I can win an Airbrush. (That’s what I want for MD)
I would love to get my Mom a new water fountain for Mothers Day this year.
Great list. Wish I had room in my house for everything!!!
You definitely put together a list of favorites for mom’s who love to bake!
What a great list! Doesn’t everyone name their appliances/electronics? Celeste (my gps) always made sure I knew where I was going before I got my first iPhone!
Would like to send Mom on a cruise to Alaska.
Not sure yet what I’m going to get my mom – maybe a surprise visit home from Cali to NJ?
Faboo list! I think I want to get my mom more naps! She apparently can’t get enough of those!
This is a fantastic giveaway and I just LOVE your site. I can’t get enough of it. Just starting out my new business, dream of a lifetime….you are guiding me along the way! Thanks…thanks…thanks!
My mom passed away many years ago. The best gift I could receive for Mother’s Day would be for my son to be able to come to town for a visit.
GREAT LIST!! I entered your contest! Fingers crossed. 🙂
I love the silpats and I’m getting my Mom a beater blade for her KitchenAid mixer for Mother’s Day.
I would love to win this prize!
i love this giveaway! ive been wanting an airbrush for awhile so that would be amazing to win:) im still not sure what we are getting my mom for mother’s day yet, and this post has really got me brainstorming now:)
Thank you for this awesome giveaway!!!!
I am getting my mom flowers for her flower beds and planting them for her
Great post and congrats to Arika on her big win!