How to Make Simple Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies
Fall is in full swing and we’re all looking forward to the big Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family. I always volunteer to take dessert and sometimes dessert cookies. Pumpkin pie slice cookies are simple to make and you can make a lot of them in a short amount of time which makes them perfect for the holiday season.
Supplies for How to Make Simple Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Sugar Cookie Recipes
Royal Icing Recipe or Half a Batch of Royal Icing
Pie Slice Cookie Cutter-Ann Clark Cookie Cutters or at Flour Box Bakery
Royal Icing Colors:
Royal icing is 15-second consistency in disposable piping bags and I used AmeriColor Soft Food Paste Gels.
Pumpkin color- mix Warm Brown, Egg Yellow, Orange, and Tulip Red. Add a little food gel color until you get the pumpkin pie spice color you like.
Make some thick white for a dollop of whipping cream.
Decorating bags or bottles.
Edible Food Safe Marker
Airbrush System- The Cookie Countess Airbrush System or ADC Airbrush System
Warm Brown Amerimist color
Begin by baking the pie slice cookies and let them cool completely before decorating.
- Draw the pattern on the pie slice cookies with the food safe marker. If you want to see how I do it, watch the video below. You’re gonna love it.
- Outline the pie crust with the ivory icing. When you flood the crust, outline one and skip the next one, outline one and skip the next one. This will allow them to each part of the icing to form a crust and look like individual sections. If you flood them all together it will look like one crust with no definition. Either way, it will look good so do it however you like.
- Outline the top of the pie cookies and let it dry for a few minutes. You want the royal icing to form a crust before you move onto the sides of the cookie.
- Next, flood the side of the cookies and let it dry before you airbrush.
It’s time to airbrush!
- Spray the edges of the pie cookies with AmeriMist Warm Brown (or a different brand of airbrush food gel) and cover the top with a lightish layer. You could use a different royal icing color if you don’t have an airbrush or leave it unairbrushed like the cookie in the last picture.
- Using the thick white icing add a dollop of whipping cream by cutting a little larger hole in the bag and making a swirl. Again, you can see it in the video.
- Let the cookies dry completely.
How to Make Simple Pie Slice Cookies Video
If you want to see how to airbrush the pie slices you can watch the video.
I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving and get to eat some pie and pie slice cookies. I’m going to use this cookie cutter later to make some cherry and apple pie cookies. YUM! I wish making cheesecake was this easy! LOL
You have great contents and amazing pictures. It was fun reading your writing. Enjoy free downloads of latest videos games and much more from waptrick.