Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treat Zombies
Do you like Rice Krispie Treats? I do. It has always been a favorite snack of mine. I didn’t know that they could be made into fun shapes and colors until I saw people making them on Pinterest. As soon as I saw it, my eyes were opened and I sat there thinking of all the fun things I could make with my favorite snack. Then, the other day as I was looking at my blog, I saw my zombie donuts and immediately thought of making pumpkin Rice Krispie Treat zombies.
If you aren’t a fan of zombies, don’t worry. You can replace the vampier teeth with those cute little wax lips and make some regular round pumpkins. Let’s face it, all pumpkins are cute even if they are zombies!
Supplies for Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treat Zombies:
3 cups of Rice Krispie Treats
2 cups of Marshmallows
1.5 teaspoons of butter
Orange food gel
Vampire Teeth– I purchased mine at the Dollar General Store.
Green icing-you can use royal icing, buttercream or store-bought icing
- 2 cups of marshmallows
- 3 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1.5 teaspoons of butter
- Orange food gel
- Vampire Teeth
- Tootsie Roll
- Green icing
- 1. Place the Rice Krispie Treats into a Ziplock bag and add a few drops of orange food gel that has been mixed with a drop or two of water. Mix until the cereal has an orange tint.
- 2. Spray a microwave-safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray and heat butter and marshmallows on high for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir after every 30 seconds or so until completely melted.
- 3. Add a few drops of orange food gel into the melted marshmallows.
- 4. Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallows and stir until well coated.
- 5. Press the mixture into 8 x 6 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- 6. Dump the cereal treat onto a piece of wax paper and cut out the pumpkin shapes and decorate them.
Mix up a batch of Rice Krispie Treats following the directions in the printable recipe box.
You may need to snip the vampire teeth into two pieces if they don’t bend well. Mine were ripping the treats apart but, once I cut them, it worked like a charm.
Cut out pumpkin shapes with a pumpkin cutter. Use the remaining treats to roll into balls for your “normal” pumpkins.
Insert the teeth into the pumpkin.
Use a little icing to glue on the eyes. I like to use different sizes to give them more character.
Insert the Tootsie Rolls as the stems on the “normal” pumpkins. You could trim the stem of the pumpkin Rice Krispie Treat Zombies and replace them with the Tootsie Rolls if you want.
Add some curly vines with the green icing.
Step back and look at how cute your zombies are!
The best part about this project is that it is kid friendly. Your kiddos will love making their own zombies!
More Rice Krispie Treats:
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats by She Wears Many Hats
Chocolate Pumpkin Eater Treats
Colossal Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Witch Hat Treats
Hey, I love your new look and how all my info is already there for me, makes it so easy to comment!! And rice krispie treats are one of my very favorite treats – especially when they’re shaped in super cute & scary pumpkins!
Adorable and so tasty!!
These are so cute and look so easy!